Help with HWiNFO

Adam

Hi to Everyone,

First of all, thank you for this great program and allowing us using  for free, its much appreciated.

I've been using HWiNFO for a while and it's been my favorite monitoring software and not because its free but because is simple, yet very rich in what is design for.

Although the program its simple to use I got stomped with something I cannot figure out so I'm hoping to get some help if possible.

I do a lot of backups e.g. windows images, work backups, It can be as much as 300-500 GB  per day I use Paragon HDM 15 Professional  for that, Paragon its configured  to run silently in the background making full and incremental backups at specified times , depending on selected HDDs and partitions.

My workstation is equipped with Aquaero and Aquasute that  automatically controls several fans and  some of them being enabled only based on my preferable temperature threshold and some of the fans are actively cooling  4 of my new 10TB Helium drives, yes this drives do run hot, despite what WD saying they need active cooling at all times.

Anyhow, my Windows 7 x64 task scheduler is set to  sometimes wake my PC  in the middle of the night  and to make the backups, once backup is done it puts PC back to sleep.

Here is the issue.. My Aquaero's  controller its pointed to HWiNFO's HDD temperature   sensor to activate the fan  once  any of the drives  reach 40C and to keep them at that temperature and that means  by fan going on and off as needed and it all works great as long as my monitor is on.

If  I'm at my desktop and backup happen to  run,  HWiNFO  runs smoothly and sends the info to Aquaero's controller to do its thing but, If the PC is asleep and task scheduler happen to wake up the PC, the backup  commences as normaly with monitor still  being asleep than  HWiNFO  it's not working, and  if the backup will run  for 2 hours, the temperature  of the HDD can get 50 C, yet HWiNFO not kicking in...... and this is the part where I get stomped........ until I move the mouse to wake up the monitor, then HWiNFO sends the info to the controller and everything its fine.

I have way around that, by using Aquaeros system temperature sensor and it works as it should, the only problem is sometimes Aquaero  will points to a different drives e.g. SSD and thy never run hot so it's wrong info for the controller, unlike HWiNFO seem to  always point to the right drive.

I hope that I made this clear enough, if not , please ask away.
[size=small]
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

[/size]

Well, this is a really strange problem. Seems like something is blocking HWiNFO from working after resume from sleep.
I assume HWiNFO is running all the time, also during the Suspend / Resume sequence. Is that right ?
You might try to activate sensor logging and then check the log of see if it has been reporting data during the period when monitor was not active. Please let me know the results.
Also attaching the HWiNFO Debug File (perhaps also created during the idle period) might be helpful for me to understand system specifics.

Martin said:
Well, this is a really strange problem. Seems like something is blocking HWiNFO from working after resume from sleep.
I assume HWiNFO is running all the time, also during the Suspend / Resume sequence. Is that right ?
You might try to activate sensor logging and then check the log of see if it has been reporting data during the period when monitor was not active. Please let me know the results.
Also attaching the HWiNFO Debug File (perhaps also created during the idle period) might be helpful for me to understand system specifics.

Thank you for your quick response.

It sounds like actually it's not running after resuming from sleep...hmm.  I thought for second that maybe  firewall or antivirus but what would that have anything to do with monitor alone when actually itself system its running.

I will activate sensor login and see what it shows. I will also attach debug file and let you look  hopefully some info can help to narrow down and point to the issue.

I will report back later  today.

Thank you

It would be Awesome if HWiNFO would display ALL the S.M.A.R.T. data for our HDD's AND SDD's as I have to use other tools to get ALL of the S.M.A.R.T. Data. I use HWiNFO ALL the time it it would be nice if I Didn't Have to use other programs to give me this. Like these ones for example:
09 0x09 Power-On Hours
22 0x16 Current Helium Level

Now some may not want all of it. Some of us like to know this. Especially when running a server. When running RAID, it is nice to know when one drive is going to go.

Full list of S.M.A.R.T. data is available in the main screen of HWiNFO. If you're running in sensor-only mode you'll need to deactivate it to get into the main window.

Back