How do I find which sensor is which?

empleat

There are so many. I didn't find any documentation, or list of generic sensors!

Also it is confusing that CPU voltages are under motherboard and I don't see motherboard 12V rail anywhere!

I tried to find them 1 by 1, when I need something, but there are so many and everyone has different. It finds something similar I don't have e.g. It would take week to find them all...

How Am I even supposed to know, what is where?

Thanks!

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Upgrade to the latest version (7.0+), that will show you extensive descriptions for each value when hovering over them.

empleat

It doesn't show anything, I tried multiple times and also didn't find anything in settings :( I AM using portable x64 7.00 BTW

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Which operating system do you have? Is the "Show Tooltips" option in sensor settings enabled?

empleat

Windows 10, there is no sensor settings LOL! I also found another setting at program startup and didn't find it there also. Also clicked to all categories and can't find anything!

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Can you post a screenshot of the sensors window? Sensor settings can be reached by the wheel button on bottom of the sensors window.

empleat

LOL it is already checked so that's why I missed that. I tried to hoover across 20 things and even same thing again, as sometimes it is buggy in other programs. But nothing ever
shows!

EDIT: I launched today HWINFO 2 times and now it is mysteriously showing LOL...

Attachments

• hwinfo 2.png
    hwinfo 2.png
    42 KB · Views: 8
  • hwinfo 3.png
    hwinfo 3.png
    19 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: