How does the remote monitor works?

cianoz

Hello
I just purchased the paid version but can't get how the remote monitoring works.
Once I've started the program and enabled the shared memory option I can't find a way to add more computer other than mine (local machine).
Further, what are the remote features exactly? Can I create a system report for a remote computer or does it "only" allow to enable sensors on remote systems?

Remote monitoring allows connecting to other machines on the local network where a copy of HWiNFO is running and showing aggregated values from remote system on one machine.
Press the "Network" button on bottom of the sensors window to configure this feature. On remote machines you'll need to install a copy of HWiNFO and enable the "Server Role" option.

Thanks
But, does it allow me to create reports of remote machines, withe the same detailed infos as on mine, or can I only see the sensors values?

Remote monitoring doesn't create hardware inventory reports of remote machines.
But since you have the Pro version, this supports the command-line interface to automatically produce reports from a local system. So with some basic scripting skills you can use this feature to automatically generate reports after deploying a copy to a remote system and executing it there.

That's what I'm most interested in. But is CLI documented? I can't find anything neither in program folder nor in the GUI.
And in the program folder there's only one executable, so I guess it has to be run from command prompt with a parameter.

Just run HWiNFO64 from command-line with an invalid argument, i.e. "HWiNFO64 /?" and it will show the list of supported commands.

Just run HWiNFO64 from command-line with an invalid argument, i.e. "HWiNFO64 /?" and it will show the list of supported commands.
I tried that way before asking, but it did nothing. Then I realized it was already running in graphical mode. Thank you.

Back