How to install hwinfo on Linux

tinobe

Hi Martin, i'm new to all of this and try to figure out how to install the new version on linux?
i guess i did just install the HWINFO version by typing "sudo apt install hwinfo" and now i will need the HWiNFO v6.42 to be able to read the Memory Junction Temperature on my MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3x?
i'm trying to find a way to see the temperature of the memory of the gpu's (vram?).
MSI afterburner doesn't exist on linux and apparently your new version can show these informations?

thanks a lot for your help

Hi Martin, i'm new to all of this and try to figure out how to install the new version on linux?
i guess i did just install the HWINFO version by typing "sudo apt install hwinfo" and now i will need the HWiNFO v6.42 to be able to read the Memory Junction Temperature on my MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3x?
i'm trying to find a way to see the temperature of the memory of the gpu's (vram?).
MSI afterburner doesn't exist on linux and apparently your new version can show these informations?

thanks a lot for your help

HWiNFO doesn't support Linux, only Windows.

HWiNFO doesn't support Linux, only Windows.
is there anyway to be able to see the memory temp of my MSI rtx 3080, i'm not sure i'm on linux actually (new to all of this) as i never download it and when i type hwinfo i have all the info...
i'm currently mining trough Hiveos and that's the only program i installed/flash on the ssd.
i have been trying to do my own research but now i'm stuck....

I think that before becoming extremely rich from mining you should first learn how to know whether you're running under Linux or Windows.

Oh i won't get rich mining, just experimenting with some gpu's, i defenetly don't have windows as i downloaded Hive Os for operating system (that apparently works with Linux).
I followed every steps to install HWiNfo on linux and it works fine so i guess i do have linux.... Now i'm just trying to figure out what to type to update my old version to your new version where i can see the gpu memory temp.
Any help is much appreciated

I realise i might be the only person not understanding how it works i guess... Is it that complicated to share your knowledge on how to update your version on Linux?
Am i asking to much?
I tought forum where made to help each other... Not trying to show superiority on other.
You guys know obviously more than i do in computer.... Not difficult.
If you decide to put your ego on the side and explain to someone that has a hard time updating your program on Linux don t hesitate to respond.... This might be helpful to more than just me.
As well it s my first time writing on a forum... What an experience

I already told you: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/hwinfo-v6-42-released.7016/post-29066

OK, let me explain the situation in other words:

- Welcome to McDonald's, what's your choice?
- What soups do you have today?
- I'm sorry sir, we don't make soups.
- OK, I'm not sure, but I think I saw a guy in the street eating an McDonald soup. So you must be doing some soup.
- Sire, that's impossible, we never did any soups. If you want a soup you need to go to a restaurant.
- But I want my soup from you !!!

Last edited:
...... I did that and it worked.... I m pretty sure i don't have windows Martin...
Hopefully now you see where i'm coming from and why my question.
When i enter hwinfo i have all the info of computer and gpu.... Just not the temp

Last edited by a moderator:
That s what happen on my screen ehen i enter HWinfo

Attachments

• 16135477223046709655554772381178.jpg
    16135477223046709655554772381178.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
This is not the HWiNFO offered here, but some tool on Linux called hwinfo. They just used the same name, but it's not related to what's done here in any way.

Back