How to save settings across different Windows User accounts?

silentbravo

I have set up my sensors and the program to my liking under 1 Windows user account, but would like the same setup under the other. Is there a config file somewhere that I can copy to the other user, to keep the same changes?

I'm just trying to keep from setting it all up again on the 2nd User account. I looked through the AppData folders and didn't see anything so I'm not sure how it records these config changes per user acct.

Thanks, This is an excellent utility!

These settings are stored in the registry under the following key:
for HWiNFO32: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO32\Sensors
for HWiNFO64: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors

So you need to export the settings from the account where you already configured the settings. You can use the following command from command line (Run):
for HWiNFO32: regedit -e HWiSensorSettings.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO32\Sensors
for HWiNFO64: regedit -e HWiSensorSettings.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors

Then just login to the another account and run the "HWiSensorSettings.reg" file previously created. Just confirm that you want to enter the information into the registry.

Martin said:
These settings are stored in the registry under the following key:
for HWiNFO32: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO32\Sensors
for HWiNFO64: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors

So you need to export the settings from the account where you already configured the settings. You can use the following command from command line (Run):
for HWiNFO32: regedit -e HWiSensorSettings.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO32\Sensors
for HWiNFO64: regedit -e HWiSensorSettings.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors

Then just login to the another account and run the "HWiSensorSettings.reg" file previously created. Just confirm that you want to enter the information into the registry.

Worked perfect, Thanks

Back