How to view if current RAM modules are 204 or 240 pol (SO-)DIMM?

pstein

In my computer there are currently 2 RAM modules 2 GB each.
I want to extend them by more/other RAM modules and need therefore compatibility information.

Where exactly do I find in HWINFO if these current modules are 204 or 240 DIMMs?

Where exactly do I find in HWINFO if these current modules are DIMMs or SO-DIMMs?

Where exactly do I find in HWINFO if the motherboard can take 204 or 240 pol DIMMs (or both ?)?

Where exactly do I find in HWINFO if the motherboard can take DIMMs or SO-DIMMs (or both ?)?

Peter

For such details you should check the main HWiNFO window (with a tree on the left side).
For parameters about actual memory modules in machine, check the "Memory" node.
For more information about mainboard capabilities check the "Motherboard -> SMBIOS DMI -> Memory Devices" node. Though SMBIOS DMI information is sometimes unreliable, because machine/BIOS vendors forget to update it accordingly.
As far as I know, all DDR3 SO-DIMMs are 204-pin and DDR2/DDR3 DIMMs are 240-pin. If you have a portable computer, you can be almost sure, that it uses SO-DIMMs.

Martin said:
For such details you should check the main HWiNFO window (with a tree on the left side).
For parameters about actual memory modules in machine, check the "Memory" node.
For more information about mainboard capabilities check the "Motherboard -> SMBIOS DMI -> Memory Devices" node. Though SMBIOS DMI information is sometimes unreliable, because machine/BIOS vendors forget to update it accordingly.
As far as I know, all DDR3 SO-DIMMs are 204-pin and DDR2/DDR3 DIMMs are 240-pin. If you have a portable computer, you can be almost sure, that it uses SO-DIMMs.

Ok, thank you.

However I have reviewed again the "Memory" node and found NO string "204" or "240"

In

Motherboard -> SMBIOS DMI -> Memory Devices

I found "DIMM" but not whether it could hold a "204" or "240".

If it is that obvious like you said I suggest to add a fix entry line in the mentioned sections to give users the information.

Thank you
Peter

Back