HW3.55-815 = no more fan speed info?

rodolfo

Hi guys. New to the forum.
So I just got the 3.55 version and I really missed the fan speed information, under Sensors
Previous versions of HWiNFO used to show the fan speed, and I can't seem to find it in this new version I have already tried every option tree and it is not there anymore.
The information is needed, once this is a notebook and I want to make sure it's cooler is still working...

Is this a bug or a feature?

thx,
Rodolfo.

Hi,

you need to sumbit more details so I can check it. Please see this thread how to submit a Report and Debug File with sensors info:
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-IMPORTANT-Read-this-before-submitting-a-report

Regards,
Martin

rodolfo said:
So I just got the 3.55 version and I really missed the fan speed information, under Sensors
Previous versions of HWiNFO used to show the fan speed, and I can't seem to find it in this new version I have already tried every option tree and it is not there anymore.
The information is needed, once this is a notebook and I want to make sure it's cooler is still working...

thx,
Rodolfo.

Martin said:
Hi,

you need to sumbit more details so I can check it. Please see this thread how to submit a Report and Debug File with sensors info:
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-IMPORTANT-Read-this-before-submitting-a-report

Regards,
Martin

rodolfo said:

thx,
Rodolfo.
Hi, thank you for your time!
well just for a comparison I used the 3.50 portable edition and there is a difference when comparing it to current 3.55
Images are linked below. Previous versions of HWi used to show me the gpu cooler fan speed but that seems to be missed for now.
3.50 PORTABLE:

hwierrproof1.png

3.55:
hwierrproof2.png

I hope this helps. Keep up the good work
thanks!

Attachments

• RODOLFO-PC.MHT
    168.5 KB · Views: 85
Thanks for the data.
Unfortunately the GPU fan speed reported by earlier versions was not valid - as you maybe noticed it was stuck at 1216 RPM all the time. Moreover, I think that you GPU (RS880) is not able to monitor fan speed. Thus I have changed the RS800 monitoring method, so it will no longer report that value.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience this could cause. Unfortunately it's hard to find out how some things work, especially when many device vendors keep lots of things secret and don't cooperate much. Often it doesn't work on 1st attempt and there are updates and patches required untils it's polished..

Martin said:
Thanks for the data.
Unfortunately the GPU fan speed reported by earlier versions was not valid - as you maybe noticed it was stuck at 1216 RPM all the time. Moreover, I think that you GPU (RS880) is not able to monitor fan speed. Thus I have changed the RS800 monitoring method, so it will no longer report that value.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience this could cause. Unfortunately it's hard to find out how some things work, especially when many device vendors keep lots of things secret and don't cooperate much. Often it doesn't work on 1st attempt and there are updates and patches required untils it's polished..
in other words that information was wrong data?
Judging by your comment it seems my gpu does not offer any kind of fan speed monitoring. I wonder where that `1216RPM` came from all this time..

It`s ok dude, I appreciate your hardwork on this. Even if there is no way to get fan speed information, there are still many data from HWi that helps on my job and for that I`m thankful to you and HWi.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

1216 RPM came as a result of a calculation method (where the input is content of certain internal registers). However, this method should not be applied on this particular GPU, so that resulted in wrong data.
rodolfo said:
in other words that information was wrong data?
Judging by your comment it seems my gpu does not offer any kind of fan speed monitoring. I wonder where that `1216RPM` came from all this time..

It`s ok dude, I appreciate your hardwork on this. Even if there is no way to get fan speed information, there are still many data from HWi that helps on my job and for that I`m thankful to you and HWi.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Martin, I forgot to mention that hwinfo`s gadget has not worked out for me ever since I first tried it and that was with win vista.
Now I`m using seven and the gadget claims that either HWi is not running or the sidebar gadget is not working. I thought it was because I was using a portable edition so I tried the installed version. Same thing.

Is there a workaround on this? Are you aware of this issue?
If you need some deep information just name it.

thx.

There shouldn't be a difference in Gadget when running the portable release.
Have you run and installed the "HWiNFO32.gadget" file included in the package? You also need to "Enable Sidebar Support" in the Sensor/Display Confing and then add the particular value to Sidebar via the Display Config or by right-clicking on the value.

rodolfo said:
Martin, I forgot to mention that hwinfo`s gadget has not worked out for me ever since I first tried it and that was with win vista.
Now I`m using seven and the gadget claims that either HWi is not running or the sidebar gadget is not working. I thought it was because I was using a portable edition so I tried the installed version. Same thing.

Is there a workaround on this? Are you aware of this issue?
If you need some deep information just name it.

thx.

I noticed that HWINFO32 detects the hard disc temperature with effective accuracy.
That is said because I compared HWi's data with others programs from the same platform.
However, I wonder if external hard drive temperature can also be detected... I used various tools that just have proved itself not to be capable even to show such an option.
Is it possible to detect external HD temperature?
Is it on HWi''s current roadmap?

Removable hard drives connected via USB interface are currently not reported under Drive info and temperature monitoring is not supported as well.
There is no short-term plan to add this feature.
rodolfo said:
I noticed that HWINFO32 detects the hard disc temperature with effective accuracy.
That is said because I compared HWi's data with others programs from the same platform.
However, I wonder if external hard drive temperature can also be detected... I used various tools that just have proved itself not to be capable even to show such an option.
Is it possible to detect external HD temperature?
Is it on HWi''s current roadmap?

Back