[HWiFNO622] Exit to DOS after click OK button on welcome page

Hmm, what system is that? Is there enough system memory and also extended memory + HIMEM.SYS loaded?

RAM: 256MB(Hardware) / 64MB(DOS recognized)

Contents of config.sys:
Code:
device=c:\dos\himem.sys
buffers=15,0
files=30
dos=umb
lastdrive=e
fcbs=4,0
dos=high

Autoexec.bat file is almost empty with only PATH / SET TEMP lines etc.

EDIT: oh, sorry, I have enough system memory (612K).

Hmm, this is quite weird as it crashes when HWiNFO loads data into memory.. Could be something with the memory, is the system/memory stable?

Hmm, this is quite weird as it crashes when HWiNFO loads data into memory.. Could be something with the memory, is the system/memory stable?
It's a new build. I only install DOS 6.22 on it and it has been stable. I'm running Memtest86+, just to make sure the RAM is fine. In order to replay quickly, I let it finished only one pass. But yeah, it's okay, no error whatsoever.

Attachments

• Memtest.jpg
    Memtest.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 3
Did you properly download HWiNFO? This could also happen if some of the files is damaged, especially the HWINFO.DAT file.

Last edited:
OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I finally got it to work!!!!!

The problem is when the welcome page appears the highlight is on the "Quit" button. I've been moving the highlight using the Tab key, then hit Enter. This brings me back to DOS immediately. This time I press "O" key and voila! It works now!

:D So actually you were hitting the Quit button..
My bad, I thought the purple button is the highlighted one! Because white color is everywhere, I didn't consider it to be the highlight intuitively..... The purple color is more standout to me.

Back