HWiNFO 5.20-2800 doesnot display CPU Fan details.

Thanks. This is getting really interesting as neither AIDA nor HWiNFO find any sensors..
Can you please post another report, but from CPUID HWMonitor? Go to File -> "Save Monitoring Data", and "Save SMBus data".

Martin said:
Thanks. This is getting really interesting as neither AIDA nor HWiNFO find any sensors..
Can you please post another report, but from CPUID HWMonitor? Go to File -> "Save Monitoring Data", and "Save SMBus data".

pfa

-Frank

Attachments

• hwm_smbus.txt
    7 KB · Views: 5
  • HWMonitor.txt
    79.2 KB · Views: 4
Thank you.
Now I see that this machine has an yet unsupported hardware monitoring circuit. I'll add support for it and post a test version shortly ;)

Martin said:
Thank you.
Now I see that this machine has an yet unsupported hardware monitoring circuit. I'll add support for it and post a test version shortly ;)

HI Martin,

One more interesting thing. This is another system which too does not display any details regarding the CPU fan. I am attaching the CPUID HWMonitor debug files along. Please add these too!

Frank

Attachments

• hwm_smbus.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 4
  • HWMonitor.txt
    137.2 KB · Views: 6
For the HP z820, here's a new build of HWiNFO64 that should add support of the sensor: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_525_2852.zip
I couldn't test this new sensor as this is a quite specific one and I don't have such system. So if all goes well, you should see a new SMSC sensor in the list. Please let me know if/how it works and also attach a new HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data created using this build. It would also be great if you could attach a screenshot of that new sensor if shown.

Regarding the other system - HWMonitor wasn't able to locate any additional sensor there. Perhaps a HWiNFO Debug File might show something, in case it's a DELL machine, make sure to enable "SW SMI" in HWiNFO.

Martin said:
For the HP z820, here's a new build of HWiNFO64 that should add support of the sensor: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_525_2852.zip
I couldn't test this new sensor as this is a quite specific one and I don't have such system. So if all goes well, you should see a new SMSC sensor in the list. Please let me know if/how it works and also attach a new HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data created using this build. It would also be great if you could attach a screenshot of that new sensor if shown.

Regarding the other system - HWMonitor wasn't able to locate any additional sensor there. Perhaps a HWiNFO Debug File might show something, in case it's a DELL machine, make sure to enable "SW SMI" in HWiNFO.

Great!
It worked for the system I was talking earlier. Please find the attached screenshots that displays the fans! :D. It just works, no settings required.
I have attached the debug info for working system. And guess what, on the other system the new binary crashes when I click on sensors button(in debug mode)!

-Frank

Attachments

• new.PNG
    new.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 5
  • testPC_working.HTM
    261 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the feedback, it's great to hear that it worked on the first attempt! :)
But please attach the DBG files from both systems - you'll need to enable Debug Mode and then run it.
Even if the second one crashes, it will still produce the DBG file that might help me to determine why it crashed and perhaps see if there are any usable sensors. But it's possible that system doesn't have any sensors that would be possible to read.
Also please attach DBG for the first (working) system - I want to check in detail whether everything is OK there.

Martin said:
Thanks for the feedback, it's great to hear that it worked on the first attempt! :)
But please attach the DBG files from both systems - you'll need to enable Debug Mode and then run it.
Even if the second one crashes, it will still produce the DBG file that might help me to determine why it crashed and perhaps see if there are any usable sensors. But it's possible that system doesn't have any sensors that would be possible to read.
Also please attach DBG for the first (working) system - I want to check in detail whether everything is OK there.

Well, after a quick restart I was able to execute the application on both the systems. I have attached all the files. Please let me know if you are able to figure out why the second system is not able to display the CPU fan while the first one is now able to do so.

Frank

Attachments

• NotWorking.7z
    50.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Working.7z
    59.3 KB · Views: 2
Well, I have to admit that I don't know why it doesn't work there. It looks like something is blocked there and HWiNFO is unable to access the sensor... :(

Hi Martin,

Since you worked on the beta version of the application which was at least able to show the CPU fan details for one of my hardware, do you plan to add the update in the latest application aswell? So that I can have an installer like the previous versions of the thing?

Yes, all those changes are (and will be) included in the upcoming versions too.

Back