HWInfo 64 Log Won't Load....

Sithtiger

Hi, I installed HWInfo64 and then ran the log, which opened in Excel as it should.  So then I removed about 70 sensors and then Excel won't show anything.  It won't even recognize files (from HWInfo.  I tried resetting everything in HWInfo64 and that didn't work. I reinstalled it, I uninstalled it, used a registry cleaner and installed the newest beta version and still Excel won't show the log.  I d/led the log viewer, which shows some graphs but it won't load in Excel, so it sounds like an Excel problem.  What I don't get is WHY would it be Excel because I changed nothing in it?!?

Thanks in advance!

Try to Import the log into Excel as a Comma-separated file instead of opening directly.

Martin said:
Try to Import the log into Excel as a Comma-separated file instead of opening directly.
Thanks.  That didn't work, but it let me figure out something that would.  So I either have to open it from within Excel at the home screen or open Excel and choose all files to show and then select the file, then select Open as Read-Only file.  Before that, I tried Google Docs and it read all the files just fine, so it wasn't HWinfo but Excel (as I came to believe).  Either way is stupid, as I should be able to just click on the file and have it open in Excel as it did originally.

Anyway, it's no big deal unless someone happens to know how to fix this problem in Excel.

Hi Sithtiger,

can you upload the file "which failed in Excel" here in this thread ... ?

Another solution:
open your log-files with the "Generic Log Viewer", described here

Regards
Tom

Back