hwinfo halts while scanning for sensors

stefanqn

both hwinfos (32 and 64 bit) crash when I hit sensors, see
hwinfo.jpeg

Any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    268.5 KB · Views: 4
The attached Debug File unfortunately doesn't capture the problem - I'd need one created during the hang. Please run HWiNFO in Debug Mode again and after it hangs, please kill the application using Task Manager and attach the DBG file created.
I also noticed that this is a mobile system, so I'm wondering why there is an IPMI driver installed in system. Is there a need for it? Can you please try to disable or uninstall it to see if that helps ?

I have the same error; i have a new system on which i never tested that program. On that system, i have a pci card used to connect IDE hard drives on my system; i don't know if it is the problem.

Martin said:
The attached Debug File unfortunately doesn't capture the problem - I'd need one created during the hang. Please run HWiNFO in Debug Mode again and after it hangs, please kill the application using Task Manager and attach the DBG file created.
Unfortunately, that's not possible. Hwinfo can not be killed by the Taskmanager, only by reboot.

Martin said:
I also noticed that this is a mobile system, so I'm wondering why there is an IPMI driver installed in system. Is there a need for it? Can you please try to disable or uninstall it to see if that helps ?
I installed the IPMI stuff to play with a server, but don't need it any more. I renamed the driver in the windows/system32/drivers folder, so it's not listet by driverquery any more - still hwinfo hangs at detecting the IPMI #0 sensor. How do I uninstall this sensor?

It's no problem if a reboot is required - just perform it, don't launch HWiNFO again and grab the debug file stored.

Martin said:
It's no problem if a reboot is required - just perform it, don't launch HWiNFO again and grab the debug file stored.

Did the same last time. With the newest non beta, I was able to kill hwinfo. Here's the dbg.

Oh, the sensor where it hanged was "EC #0".

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    273.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks, that brings me closer. Please disable "EC Support" in Configure and it should work ;)

Martin said:
Thanks, that brings me closer. Please disable "EC Support" in Configure and it should work ;)

Done. It hangs at "IPMI #0" again and I'm unable to kill hwinfo. New debug data attached.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    276.2 KB · Views: 1
You should deactivate or uninstall the IPMI driver. It hangs when HWiNFO tries to query it.

Well I don't know exactly, it depends on how you installed the IPMI driver/package. There might be a way to uninstall it from Control Panel or its Programs folder, or at least disable the IPMI driver via Administrative Tools.

Martin said:
Well I don't know exactly, it depends on how you installed the IPMI driver/package. There might be a way to uninstall it from Control Panel or its Programs folder, or at least disable the IPMI driver via Administrative Tools.
The problem is that I installed a variety of IPMI tools and I uninstalled all of them to my best knowledge. This means I don't see that I have an IPMI sensor installed until hwinfo crashes

Probably some of those uninstalls was not complete and maybe only the IPMI driver remained in the system not working properly.
You might want to check running services if there's maybe an IPMI one, or check installed drivers (using some tool) and disable the IPMI.

Back