HWinfo hangs when detecting sensors at start up

marksels

When HWinfo is detecting the sensors when loading it hangs when it reaches "S.M.A.R.T. #0" for a almost a minute. In that time my computer becomes almost unusable till it finishes loading. I found that selecting "Disable Drive Scan" eliminates this issue, but does not give me access to my disks drive info. Even though i did find a work around in the settings, it is still annoying that I have to go this route if I want to have the program start up on boot without holding up my system for a period. I have attached a debug, and if need my system is: AMD Ryzen 2700x, Asrock Taichi x470 motherboard, GSkill Flare x 3200 DDR4 RAM, EVGA 1080ti, 250gb Samsung EVO 850 SSD,, 1tb Samsung EVO 840 SSD, and 4tb WD Black HDD.

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for a more detailed analysis of the issue.

Seconding marksels problem. I thought, first, that I was having some Corsair software problem (using the newer iCUE software). I usually just install HWInfo64, non-beta, and have it load right into Sensor View on Win 10 (64bit, 1803) start up as my very first options chosen on HWInfo64's first load.

Initially, this was manifesting on reboots where Win 10 applications like Task Scheduler or Task Manager would not load while I was waiting for HWInfo64 5.84 to load up, which was taking minutes. Once it loaded, my attempts at loading those mentioned programs finally all started as well (did not affect things like Win 10's "Settings" or things like Control Panel, Chrome, etc.).

I read a post about Corsair Link having issues, and thought if I just kill iCUE then try to start HWInfo then maybe it'll work, but that didn't help (I did not get as far as delaying iCUE or HWInfo in Task Scheduler, though).

I tried the Beta 5.85-3465, which I'm currently using, and no change. Either replacing the Program Files executable/INI or just loading form the Beta files I downloaded from their unzipped dir.

Once starting HWInfo manually so I could see the sensors loading there was a hang, of course, with the "SMART #0," but not always. So I disabled the CSMI SAS, SMART, and ATA Support (as well as the "EC Support" as I'm using an Asus board which I believe I read in another post might have EC issues). This did not help as I'd still hang on "SMART #0."

I also considered that I'm using SenseMI with a Corsair SSD, and a Toshiba HDD, and are using the 2GB RAM with that suite (X470 platform).

Twice I got a BSOD. Once after loading and one during. Forgive me as I did not record the stated error, like a fool.

After following merksels advice, of the "Disable Drive Scan," I have not had any issues loading HWInfo Beta 5.85-3465 (have not gone back to the non-Beta yet as I'm just trying to OC my proc right now).

My hardware is this:
2700X (I believe week 11 of 2018)
Asus X470-F Gaming (with BIOS 4011, that shows an April date, but 4011 shows a May date on Asus's site)
Corsair Dom 3200 CL16 2x8GB
EVGA 1070 SC
WD Black NVMe 512Gb (older 2017 model)
Corsair Force Series 3 SSD 240GB ("Fast" drive in SenseMI)
Toshiba generic 4TB HDD ("Slow" drive in SenseMI)

Something to keep in mind regarding the Asus mobo, I was originally using the Asus X470-i (BIOS 0601) just the other week without a single issue on HWInfo64 5.84. Not one issue at all.

Also, I've have had this problem before and after installing the ASMedia USB drivers off of Asus's website. And I checked, and I do already have the "Standard AHCI" driver showing in Device manager.

Oh yes, AMD StoreMI is another feature that can cause problems with HWiNFO on some systems.
I have notified AMD about this problem and waiting for a solution. For the tie being you might need to completely disable Drive Scan to mitigate this issue.

Martin said:
Oh yes, AMD StoreMI is another feature that can cause problems with HWiNFO on some systems.
I have notified AMD about this problem and waiting for a solution. For the tie being you might need to completely disable Drive Scan to mitigate this issue.

My bad I thought i attached the debug on the first post.

On the topic the idea of StoreMI I thought about that too. Not surprised if that would be the case. 

PS: I am trying to attach the debug to this post, and just will not an attachment. Not sure if I am missing something here, but i click choose file, and add attachment only to have it return with no attached file.

Martin said:

Ok then no worries. I'm sure in time a solution will be found. At least the disabling of drive scan does, in fact, work to solve this. I, personally, don't need the SMART read out in the HWInfo64 application, but thank you for the response anyhow.

Back