HWINFO Interferes With Corsair Link

Dicehunter

Whenever I open HWINFO readings in Corsair Link go a little haywire, Fan RPM readings and fan selections disappear, Possible bug ?

HWINFO Not Running

aYfpIil.png

HWINFO Running

3vboSfR.png

It's due to a lack of synchronization between the Corsair Link software and HWiNFO.
HWiNFO and several other tools use a synchronization mechanism that allows them to run in parallel without problems when accessing Corsair Link devices.
We have been pushing Corsair to implement this mechanism too, which they did after a long time, but it appears that some versions of the Corsair Link software don't implement this simple mechanism correctly. This can cause another problems, or complete blocking of other software. Please try the latest versions of Corsair Link software and see if it helps. If not, their support will need to be contacted.

Sadly I am using the latest Corsair Link, Here's hoping that Corsair fix the compatibility, Thanks for the reply :)

My Workaround:
if you launch Corsair-Link after HWINFO64, it works.
Task Scheduling - Corsairlink with parameter "-startup" and 30 sec delay

[attachment=2530]

Attachments

• corsair-link fan.JPG
    corsair-link fan.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi,

This issue was adressed by Corsair as "We won't fix it". Asking them to fix this issue will be without success since they made the decision to remove the mutex needed to synchronise access to the ressources.

However, HWINFO64 still makes my Corsair Link "break" (breaking here is the same behaviour as indicated by the OP).
Even when I disable the sensors linked to Corsair Link.

Dear dev, could you make a way to explicitly disable those readings? My guess is that HWINFO still "connects" to the Corsair Link "thingy" and stills make it go bonkers.
Or if we can accept that Corsair Link won't support third party, removing the functionality in it's entirety.

Thanks!

You're right, I will add such option in the next build.
It's a shame that Corsair refuses to support such a simple feature. They already had it implemented and communicated that to us, it was just buggy and required just a simple fix. There are companies that add much more complicated synchronization mechanisms for us...

Martin said:
You're right, I will add such option in the next build.
It's a shame that Corsair refuses to support such a simple feature. They already had it implemented and communicated that to us, it was just buggy and required just a simple fix. There are companies that add much more complicated synchronization mechanisms for us...

Thanks.

Such an option will make me able to use the software again after a few months without possible use.

I used to not have this issue till the link version that came out a few months ago. I found that if I open HWiNFO first and then link after and wait till link fully loads and shows my PSU fan speed in HWiNFO then I can close out of link all together and still get all the info I need from HWiNFO without all the bugs. Yes it's a pain but it's Meh

Back