hwinfo made it look like it wiped my main drive.

shutout

i was sitting and just chilling when i decided to quickly get hwinfo for whatever reason. it got stuck looking for drives and it froze. i tried to open task manager to close it but that somehow didnt open and was stuck... so i decided to just save everything i was doing and sign out of windows to force close everything. after that i tried signing in and "windows failed to sign in." a quick restart and i try to login. it said "preparing windows???" i was confused and when it got into the os it gave me a legit heart attack, that it wiped everything i had and went for a clean windows install. back to default background, constant notifications for random things and so on... then i checked my drive size and found i still have everything. but why would the crash of hwinfo literally make everything die and make my pc go all confused? why so randomly????

Hard to say why it happened. To know that for sure, I'd ask you to repeat the run with Debug Mode enabled and then provide the DBG file it produced. But I don't think this is something you're willing to repeat.
What drive/interface is that?

Back