HWiNFO shows exclamation point on HDD

PcFreak123

Hello everyone,

In HWiNFO it is showing an exclamation point next to current pending sector count. I have ran western digital disk utility (extended test) everything came back passed. I also ran a command line chkdsk and the drive was clean. I even did HDTUNE and everything shows OK. Why does this show up? I attached a link to a screen shot.

http://postimg.org/image/wj1apcmlt/

This is just a warning and means you should watch the value of this parameter. In most cases it doesn't mean an error or failure, but if the number (data=2) should start to grow, you should be careful. Most tools won't show a problem until a value crosses its threshold.
You might confirm with CrystalDiskInfo to see if it will display a similar warning too.

Martin said:
This is just a warning and means you should watch the value of this parameter. In most cases it doesn't mean an error or failure, but if the number (data=2) should start to grow, you should be careful. Most tools won't show a problem until a value crosses its threshold.
You might confirm with CrystalDiskInfo to see if it will display a similar warning too.

Hej,

Ive got the same Issue and my systems crashes every few hours recently.
That was the reason i downloaded HWinfo 64 in the first place.

[C5] Current Pending Sector Count:                                              199/Always OK, Worst: 199 (Data = 207)

Can you explain to me what this warning means and how i can fix it?
Thanks a lot :huh:

Back