HWiNFO v6.27-4185 Beta released

I got all files from there : https://www.broadcom.com/products/storage/raid-controllers/megaraid-sas-9341-4i
I managed to get other DLLs from there, closest to the one you provided, but again not sure about the x64/x86

By counter I mean if it works what value do you get that are added to the monitor? Drive list? Temperature? SMART?

By the way I tested to put tboth set of DLLs on the System32 folder and it doesn't freeze anymore, but I dont see any new value in the monitor

Attachments

• storelib_MegaRAIDStorageManager.7z
    421 KB · Views: 3
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I got all files from there : https://www.broadcom.com/products/storage/raid-controllers/megaraid-sas-9341-4i
I managed to get other DLLs from there, closest to the one you provided, but again not sure about the x64/x86

By counter I mean if it works what value do you get that are added to the monitor? Drive list? Temperature? SMART?

Those seem to be 32-bit. It's easy to check if you copy them to system32 - it will either work or not.
If all works, then HWiNFO should display detailed drive information with SMART and status for drives connected to the LSI controller.

Well i can see the SMART status of the drives without the DLLs and with the previous (6.26) version of the software. That's why i was curious about what the LSI support could bring :)

Well i can see the SMART status of the drives without the DLLs and with the previous (6.26) version of the software. That's why i was curious about what the LSI support could bring :)

If all drives appear with full details and SMART, it means they are exposed also via other interfaces. So no dedicated LSI support is needed via the libraries :)
Otherwise if you can't find x64 versions of LSI libraries you might try the 32-bit ones with HWiNFO32... I downloaded a couple of LSI packages from their site, but can't find x64 versions either.

Just tested two runs of Prime95 on my 3800X, using PBO with motherboard-set limits (Mobo is Asus TUF X570 Wifi) on PPT, TDC, and EDC. Got a result hovering around 170%, and my temps were low 90s with a corsair h115i & kryonaut. This means that the cpu is being told that it is consuming more power than it actually is, correct?

truongan012

Please, update to latest version 6.29-4215 Beta and try test again. This problem is fixed for AMD CPU/APU:

HWiNFO v6.29-4215 Beta available.

Changes:

* Improved support of several next-generation AMD CPUs, APUs and GPUs.
* Added recognition of AMD A520 chipset.
* Added reporting of some missing extended CPU feature flags.

And the red color of the parameter itself means that either it goes beyond the permissible limits and the machine control circuits have been triggered, or the board transmits incorrect state data to the OS, or a special inclusion of sensors is applied in the board circuit in order to force users to use proprietary equipment monitoring software, or simply the student drew the diagram and messed it up a bit ...

Last edited:
Hi @Martin , I noted this in your patch notes:
"Fixed a possible crash on some systems with down-cored CPUs. "

Well I thought I had decent Google-Fu, but I can't find a reference to what a down-cored CPU actually *is*!
I also can't seem to search these forums as it says that "down" is a noise word :(
I tried multiple variations but none worked.

So please! What is a down-cored CPU! ?

Thanks for your time, and all you folks work on this amazing tool! ♥♥♥

Hi @Martin , I noted this in your patch notes:
"Fixed a possible crash on some systems with down-cored CPUs. "

Well I thought I had decent Google-Fu, but I can't find a reference to what a down-cored CPU actually *is*!
I also can't seem to search these forums as it says that "down" is a noise word :(
I tried multiple variations but none worked.

So please! What is a down-cored CPU! ?

Thanks for your time, and all you folks work on this amazing tool! ♥♥♥

It's a CPU with some cores disabled or asymmetric Hyper-Threading (some cores with disabled HT).

"Power Reporting Deviation" is a new feature available on AMD Ryzen CPUs that tells how much the CPU telemetry seen by the CPU differs from real world (expected) data.
Note that this value has a useful meaning only under full CPU load and values around 100% (95 - 105 %) mean the telemetry is working correctly.
On systems with a higher deviation under full load this means the CPU thinks it's working at lower or higher power than expected for the given SKU, hence out of specification.
This is usually caused by mainboard vendor (often intentionally) providing wrong calibration data in BIOS (AGESA) to fool the CPU to run at a higher power than the limit for the SKU.
There's a more detailed description and explanation of this value being prepared by TheStilt, which will be posted soon.
Update: Check here for further details: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/thread...er-reporting-deviation-metric-in-hwinfo.6456/
Can u help me it read RED on my Power Report Deviation, How is this happening? Is my unit ok or what can I do with this?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 4
Back