HWiNFO v6.43-4380 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v6.43-4380 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI H510 series mainboards.
  • Fixed monitoring of +12V on some ASUS Z590 series mainboards.
  • Improved support of LPDDR3/LPDDR4/LPDDR4X memories.
  • Fixed a possible WHEA error/system crash during long-term monitoring of AMD RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock Z590 Taichi and Z590 PG Velocita.
  • Consolidated AMD Navi monitoring, added Effective Clock and TGP Power for Navi21.
  • Added sensor tool tips to provide more details about sensors and their values.
  • Improved sensor UI responsiveness during some operations.
  • Improved handling of disappearing/reappearing sensors in custom order.
  • Fixed a possible hang when logging sensors with large sets of disabled items.
  • Added monitoring of GPU HotSpot temperature for NVIDIA GPUs.

I might be wrong but currently it doesn't seem possible to download 4380 Beta from FossHub (last version uploaded is 4370) or from the primary backup(U.S)

On my GTX 1080 the hotspot temperature just seems to be core temperature + 14°C. The temperature delta between the two sensors is exactly the same regardless of load (tried OCCTs 3d test where GPU peaked at 59.7°C, Hotspot was at 73.7°C. At idle the GPU Core is at 31.5°C while Hotspot is at 45.5°C Same for any other load in-between those two extremes. If its just a static offset that kinda defeats the purpose imo
Kind Regards :)

Attachments

• HWInfo_Hotspot.png
    HWInfo_Hotspot.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 6
We have no insight how exactly does NVIDIA evaluate and calculate the temperatures, but many other users reported a variable delta between both values.

On my GTX 1080 the hotspot temperature just seems to be core temperature + 14°C. The temperature delta between the two sensors is exactly the same regardless of load (tried OCCTs 3d test where GPU peaked at 59.7°C, Hotspot was at 73.7°C. At idle the GPU Core is at 31.5°C while Hotspot is at 45.5°C Same for any other load in-between those two extremes. If its just a static offset that kinda defeats the purpose imo
Kind Regards :)
1080TI and same +14 here...

Hi @Martin
Small bug with 4380.
Seems like tooltips get automatically enabled when you install it (causing a tooltip over every field).
However, when you disable tooltips, you still get nonstop tooltips over the bottom icons, and they won't go away at all.

Should be an easy fix :)

That was intentional, but easy to change so that the button tooltip will be hidden too.

Hi Martin,

There's been a lot of discussion online RE GPU Memory Junction Temp running hot on RTX 3000 series NVIDIA cards. I'm personally running an Gigabyte RTX 3080 Vision series card and have witnessed the Junction Temp spike to 105C and in some cases 109C on stock settings. Now using MSR Afterburner to limit power consumption to 60% which seems to help reign in temps quite a bit. Also doing a bit of ETH mining on the side which as I'm sure you know gives the VRAM quite a workout and definitely pushes the Junction Temp.

How concerned should I be about this Memory Junction Temp (Tj)? As I understand it Tj is not measuring the temp of the GDDR6X case (Tc) however it is measuring a spot in close proximity to the GDDR6X chips. What exactly is Tj measuring ? From what I've gathered the difference between Tc and Tj is important because max operating temp of the GDDR6X chip itself (Tc) is 95C where as Tj is often up to 18C hotter. On this last point, I believe I'm referencing something a few years old that was written in relation to AMD GPU cards...not sure if the same explanation applies to the more current RTX 3000 Nvidia cards?

At the end of the day all I'm looking for is a solid reason to stop stressing about these exceedingly hot GPU Memory Junction Temps on my 3080.
Thanks in advance!

Nathan

Hi Martin,

There's been a lot of discussion online RE GPU Memory Junction Temp running hot on RTX 3000 series NVIDIA cards. I'm personally running an Gigabyte RTX 3080 Vision series card and have witnessed the Junction Temp spike to 105C and in some cases 109C on stock settings. Now using MSR Afterburner to limit power consumption to 60% which seems to help reign in temps quite a bit. Also doing a bit of ETH mining on the side which as I'm sure you know gives the VRAM quite a workout and definitely pushes the Junction Temp.

How concerned should I be about this Memory Junction Temp (Tj)? As I understand it Tj is not measuring the temp of the GDDR6X case (Tc) however it is measuring a spot in close proximity to the GDDR6X chips. What exactly is Tj measuring ? From what I've gathered the difference between Tc and Tj is important because max operating temp of the GDDR6X chip itself (Tc) is 95C where as Tj is often up to 18C hotter. On this last point, I believe I'm referencing something a few years old that was written in relation to AMD GPU cards...not sure if the same explanation applies to the more current RTX 3000 Nvidia cards?

At the end of the day all I'm looking for is a solid reason to stop stressing about these exceedingly hot GPU Memory Junction Temps on my 3080.
Thanks in advance!

Nathan

See here:

Not related to the beta only and probably not a bug but could you please change the default action/button on the sensors window? If "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box" in Windows' mouse settings is enabled then after double clicking the HWiNFO tray icon it opens the sensors window and moves the pointer onto the "Save Settings and Close" button. I often find myself accidentally doing 3 clicks in stead of 2 which ends up exiting HWiNFO altogether.

What's the use of the "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box" option, I didn't even know that it exists, but it must be causing confusion is several other cases as well.

Not related to the beta only and probably not a bug but could you please change the default action/button on the sensors window? If "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box" in Windows' mouse settings is enabled then after double clicking the HWiNFO tray icon it opens the sensors window and moves the pointer onto the "Save Settings and Close" button. I often find myself accidentally doing 3 clicks in stead of 2 which ends up exiting HWiNFO altogether.
You can change the setting on HWiNFO settings. Minimize sensors window instead of closing. So when you hit close it’s minimized. And if you want to close it you right click tray icon and then exit.

Do you have Logitech mouse and Logitech pointer software?

You can change the setting on HWiNFO settings. Minimize sensors window instead of closing. So when you hit close it’s minimized. And if you want to close it you right click tray icon and then exit.

Do you have Logitech mouse and Logitech pointer software?
I’ve been using minimize to tray to get rid of additional icons on the taskbar. And nope, I don’t have any logitech hardware.

You are talking about shortcuts and “Pin to Taskbar”? That’s different...
Im saying about HWiNFO setting that when you hit “X” or “Close” on sensors window, it minimize to system tray instead of closing

You are talking about shortcuts and “Pin to Taskbar”? That’s different...
Im saying about HWiNFO setting that when you hit “X” or “Close” on sensors window, it minimize to system tray instead of closing
Ah yes ofcourse. I guess that workaround is better than nothing. Thanks.

What's the use of the "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box" option, I didn't even know that it exists, but it must be causing confusion is several other cases as well.
I've gotten so used to this feature. Often times when you do something and a window pops up with a button on it, the cursor is automatically moves to the default option of that window. So instead of having to move your mouse and click a button you can just click and be done with it.

Last edited:
Back