HWiNFO v7.41-5010 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v7.41-5010 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added reporting of PMIC Validation and DIMM Certification status for XMP 3.0 rev1.3+.
  • Added NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop.
  • Fixed monitoring of some EC sensors on EVGA Z790 series.
  • Enhanced support of AMD Phoenix.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on some MSI H510M, H610M and A620M series.

after i updated amd chipset driver to the new 5.02.19.2221 my windows crashes when i open hwinfo. I have a

X670E AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) and ryzen 9 7950x​

Attachments

• crash report.jpg
    crash report.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 3
it crashes only on sesnsors mode other modes work fine. Every time i ty to run it it crashes before finishing loading all sensors
You need to enable Debug Mode in HWiNFO prior to starting the scan and when it crashes please attach the HWiNFO64.DBG file it created during previous run.

You need to enable Debug Mode in HWiNFO prior to starting the scan and when it crashes please attach the HWiNFO64.DBG file it created during previous run.
i enabled debugmode but it crashes at pmbus instant blue screen and restart

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    269 bytes · Views: 0
Thanks, I can see now what the problem is.. The new AMD I2C driver blocks some actions needed to monitor the VRMs. But raising a BSOD due to this seems an extreme measure, it could silently block/deny such operations. I'm thinking about how to solve this...

You should be able to fix this by uninstalling the AMD I2C Controller driver:
1678559331952.png

it seems like every time you turn off or restart pc i need to uninstalls AMD I2C Controller driver. When i turned on my pc today and launched Hwinfo it crashed again, i had to uninstall the driver again and it works

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    751.7 KB · Views: 1
When uninstalling the driver make sure to also set the "Attempt to remove the driver for this device" option:

1678615206653.png

I have also escalated this issue to AMD.

I was planning to install updated AMD chipset drivers v5.02.19.2221 on my X570 (5950X) system today. Should I hold off on doing this until the AMD I2C driver issue is resolved? FWIW, the release note for the I2C driver update says "ReStore Bus Clear Feature Control Bit". I have no idea what that means.

Only a few systems (utilizing a certain interface) should be affected; this is currently concerning only GIGABYTE X670 or B650 series.

Thanks Martin. I did not realize that this issue is mobo specific. I just updated the chipset drivers and all appears to be fine with HWINFO (v7.41-5010 beta).

I did look in Device Manager to check that the new version of the I2C driver was installed (v1.2.0.120). Unlike in OP's screen shot, this driver does not appear in Device Manager or Drive Store Explorer. Is this something I should be concerned about? I am running Windows 10 v22H2 Build 49045.2673. Thanks!

2023-0311 Dev Man - System Devices.jpg2023-0311 Drive Store - AMD.jpg

No need to be concerned. I think in your case the I2C driver is not installed because those controllers are not used on your mainboard.

Thanks Martin. My mobo is an Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero. I guess I never bothered to check the I2C driver in Device Manager and Drive Store Explorer before, so I never noticed that it does not install.

Back