HWInfo Won't Stay Open

dpriest

I've been using HWInfo for a few years. I do a lot of video encoding and have kept the program open for hours on end for monitoring. I have a Threadripper 1950X system on the Asrock X399 Taichi mobo. about a month ago I've noticed the program will close itself only after about 10 minutes of being open. It does not crash Windows or affect my system in any way. I've tried the portable version as well as the regular installed version. Both versions were X64 versions. Anybody else having this issue?

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
As first I'd recommend to upgrade to the latest (Beta) version if the issue persists.
Then try to Reset Preferences and if that won't help, it would be good if you could capture the self-closing in the HWiNFO Debug File.

dpriest

As first I'd recommend to upgrade to the latest (Beta) version if the issue persists.
Then try to Reset Preferences and if that won't help, it would be good if you could capture the self-closing in the HWiNFO Debug File.
I know it is not the preferences because I just did a format/clean reinstall of Windows. I'm running the latest stable version (6.42) which I just downloaded and installed yesterday. Not sure what you mean by capturing the self-closing. Where and how do I access the Debug file?

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member