HWInfo Won't Stay Open

The attached Debug File doesn't indicate any issue nor a premature closing. Did it prematurely stop working during thsi debug session?

Under preferences I enabled debug mode and then opened HWInfo but just enabled the sensor only. The sensor closed on its own and then I loaded the debug file to you. What should I do so the debug file records it? When I open HWInfo should I just run the sensor only? Either way it is the sensor that closes on its own whether I just enable the sensor only or not.

I do not start it automatically with Windows. I only start and run it when I am encoding videos. Am I the only one who has reported the problem of the sensor not staying open? I notice the only time it closes is when my PC is left unintended while encoding videos and the display shuts off after 15 minutes. In my power settings the computer never goes to sleep but the monitor turns off after 15 minutes. After being away from my computer for some time and return, the display is off. When I wake the display HWINFO is no longer running.

According to the debug data you provided I don't see HWiNFO being closed on its own due to some error. So I suspect something else in the system might be terminating it.

Any ideas of why it is terminating? This didn't always use to happen with older versions of HWINFO. Do you have a version from a year ago I can try? This wasn't happening then.

I downloaded and am using the latest version 7.02 and this version is stable so far where it hasn't closed on its own after a couple of hours of walking away from a long encode job I am doing now. What I do notice with this version is that the sensor is not monitoring the processor utilization in terms of the current value, minimum and maximum percentages of the cores and threads being used as well as the clock frequencies like the previous versions. Anyway to get that back?

This happens to me all the time - is there any update on this @Martin?

Scenario:

All is fine, then when the computer goes to 'stand-by' mode and returns from stand-by mode, HWInfo64 has closed. I must re-open it each and every time. I therefor purchased the licenses thinking this was due to the 12 hour 'shared memory' constraint. The issue persists...

I just put my HWInfo64 into Debug mode, I will share the Debug logs when it happens again.

Is there anything else I can do to be helpful?

This happens to me all the time - is there any update on this @Martin?

Scenario:

All is fine, then when the computer goes to 'stand-by' mode and returns from stand-by mode, HWInfo64 has closed. I must re-open it each and every time. I therefor purchased the licenses thinking this was due to the 12 hour 'shared memory' constraint. The issue persists...

I just put my HWInfo64 into Debug mode, I will share the Debug logs when it happens again.

Is there anything else I can do to be helpful?

I will need to see the DBG file first.

Back