HWiNFO32 and HWiNFO64 v4.50 released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO32/64 v4.50 has been released.

Changes:
  • Added possibility to backup application- and user-specific settings.
  • Added option to minimize sensors window instead of closing.
  • Improved rendering of tray icons.
  • Minor updates to UI functionality and hardware support.
  • Added preliminary monitoring of Corsair Link devices (H80, H100, etc.). Must not be used along with other Corsair Link tools!
  • Fixed rounding of some values in tray icons.
  • Added reporting of GPU Memory vendor for NVIDIA GPUs (requires driver R346 or later).
  • Added reporting of GPU Normalized Power for NVIDIA GPUs.
  • Added reporting of GPU Video Engine clock for NVIDIA GPUs.
  • Enhanced support of Corsair Link, added support of PSUs.
  • Fixed a rare crash when running in Debug Mode.
  • Added support of Aquastream XT, MPS and PowerAdjust.
  • Changed order of NVIDIA and AMD GPUs in multi-GPU systems, so that the primary GPU device is properly listed as the first one.
  • Added NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 and GM206 support.
  • Added support for monitoring of Corsair RM PSUs.

Martin said:
[*]Changed order of NVIDIA and AMD GPUs in multi-GPU systems, so that the primary GPU device is properly listed as the first one.
[/list]

It was fine before I updated to 4.50 and is now backwards.
The secondary card is listed as the first.
Win8.1 with 2x GTX 970 G1 Gaming

Please attach a screenshot which shows the order of GPUs (preferably with a proof of the correct order, maybe from NVIDIA ControlPanel) and the HWiNFO Debug File.
I'll then check it.

Martin said:
Please attach a screenshot which shows the order of GPUs (preferably with a proof of the correct order, maybe from NVIDIA ControlPanel) and the HWiNFO Debug File.
I'll then check it.

[attachment=1252]

[attachment=1253]

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    752.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    395.9 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for the additional information. Are there maybe any other tools (e.g. MSI Afterburner) that report the GPUs in invalid order too?

Does the current HWiNFO work with Corsair Link enabled power supplies? I'm not seeing anything from Corsair Link in HWiNFO, my only CL device is an AX860i. It would be great to have HWiNFO show things like PSU temperature and various power related readings.

Martin said:
Thanks for the additional information. Are there maybe any other tools (e.g. MSI Afterburner) that report the GPUs in invalid order too?

[attachment=1255]

Attachments

• MSI.JPG
    MSI.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 1
M3TAl said:
Does the current HWiNFO work with Corsair Link enabled power supplies? I'm not seeing anything from Corsair Link in HWiNFO, my only CL device is an AX860i. It would be great to have HWiNFO show things like PSU temperature and various power related readings.

Yes, HWiNFO supports now many Corsair Link devices, but when you don't see your PSU reported, there might be an issue with that.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File (with sensor data) for analysis.

CptAhnungslos said:
It was fine before I updated to 4.50 and is now backwards.
The secondary card is listed as the first.
Win8.1 with 2x GTX 970 G1 Gaming

Please check the new Beta v4.51-2410. It adds an option called "Reorder GPUs", which when disabled will work as before, so you should get your GPUs ordered properly.

Martin said:
M3TAl said:

Yes, HWiNFO supports now many Corsair Link devices, but when you don't see your PSU reported, there might be an issue with that.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File (with sensor data) for analysis.

Here's the debug file. Corsair Link was not running. By sensor data do you mean screen shots of the sensor window? Also after enabling debugging and starting HWiNFO64 my system would lose video signal and become unresponsive. This happened 3 times, but not every time. 

On an unrelated note, I strongly believe the CPU sensor under Nuvoton NCT6792D to be the motherboard VRM temperature. The VRM is watercooled with thermal probes attached to the backside. The probes have always seemed to very closely follow this CPU sensor. The UEFI also has settings for VRM throttling based on set temperatures... Does this mean there is indeed a VRM temp reading that is accessible? The board is an MSI Z97 Mpower Max AC. The Auxiliary sensor often gives fake values, for example 150C or negative values.  

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    605.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Sensor Data 1.png
    Sensor Data 1.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Sensor Data 2.png
    Sensor Data 2.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Sensor Data 3.png
    Sensor Data 3.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the additional information. I'm sorry, but your model of Corsair USB controller is not yet supported. What values does the Corsair software return about your PSU?
If you would like HWiNFO to monitor the values, you might try to connect it via H80/H100 or a CL Mini adapter. These are supported.

Regarding the CPU temperature, this might be the temperature from a diode inside the CPU socket, but only MSI knows this exactly. I'll ask them.

If you're experiencing problems with video signal during scan (debug mode), I think that disabling the GPU I2C Support option should fix that. But in that case you'll loose the GPU VRM sensors.

Martin said:
Thanks for the additional information. I'm sorry, but your model of Corsair USB controller is not yet supported. What values does the Corsair software return about your PSU?
If you would like HWiNFO to monitor the values, you might try to connect it via H80/H100 or a CL Mini adapter. These are supported.

Regarding the CPU temperature, this might be the temperature from a diode inside the CPU socket, but only MSI knows this exactly. I'll ask them.

If you're experiencing problems with video signal during scan (debug mode), I think that disabling the GPU I2C Support option should fix that. But in that case you'll loose the GPU VRM sensors.

Here's a screenshot of the info Corsair Link gives for PSU. I may be getting a Corsair Commander Mini in the future, does this come with the mini adapter you speak of? 

Make sure you get in contact with an actual engineer of some sort, not the run of the mill support people. The info they go off of is sometimes wrong, like on Gigabyte 990FXA/970A boards. They like to say there is a North Bridge sensor when in fact there isn't. 

Doesn't socket temperature usually come within a certain range of core temperature? Like say if the core was 80C wouldn't we expect the socket to be at least 70C or more? I still believe CPU is VRM because even if my cores are 80C the CPU temperature is 35-40C. Not only this but the CPU temperature is typically within 1-3C of the sensors taped on the backside of the VRM. I don't think the CPU sensor has ever passed ~45C even benching a 4790K at 5 GHz or gaming for hours at 4.7 GHz. Remember my VRM is watercooled so it just seems possible CPU is indeed VRM. 

Like you say only MSI engineers know for 100%. 

Attachments

• Corsair Link Power Section.jpg
    Corsair Link Power Section.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 4
I'm not sure, but I think that it's indeed the Corsair Commander Mini.
I've got a good contact at MSI, they always respond with relevant information and sometimes they ask me ;)

Got a response from MSI - the CPU temperature is indeed a diode in the CPU socket.
I think it's possible that there's such a difference.

Martin said:
Got a response from MSI - the CPU temperature is indeed a diode in the CPU socket.
I think it's possible that there's such a difference.

Interesting. Good to know. Thank you. 

I have checked again with MSI and they say there's no temperature sensor close to the VRM.

Changed order of NVIDIA and AMD GPUs in multi-GPU systems, so that the primary GPU device is properly listed as the first one.

I don't have a multi-GPU system, so I can't test this, but can someone confirm (or infirm) that the default order of GPUs in a multi-GPU system is the same with the order of GPUs in the following WMI query?

Code:
wmic path Win32_VideoController get AdapterRAM,Description,PNPDeviceID /format:list

I'm using this to detect the GPUs in some Rainmeter skins, so I need to correlate the above info with the data I get from HWiNFO (mainly the CPU/GPU fan speeds). Therefore, knowing if I need to somehow check for a "different order" than that of WMI is essential in displaying the correct info for the correct GPU.

P.S. And yes, I really need to use WMI (and not HWiNFO or MSI Afterburner) for GPU detection, as it's portable for basically every Windows system and provides data in a much more "user friendly"/"precise" format (e.g. my single GPU is displayed as "AMD Radeon HD 7610M" or "AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600 Series" in WMI, instead of the somewhat confusing "ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6610M/6625M/75xx/76xx" in HWiNFO).

I can't confirm the order via WMI as I have never tried that.
I have a different experience with WMI, in many cases it's not reliable and too slow. The confusion with AMD names is a fault of AMD's marketing, which often rebrands the same GPUs models.

Martin said:
I can't confirm the order via WMI as I have never tried that.
I have a different experience with WMI, in many cases it's not reliable and too slow. The confusion with AMD names is a fault of AMD's marketing, which often rebrands the same GPUs models.

Thank you, Martin, for your reply - great work you've done here. If you do, however, have a multiple GPU system, could you try the above command and check if the order is the same as in your application? If you don't, then maybe some multiple GPU user browsing here can post his findings.

I know WMI is slow, but I don't really care about that, as I'm only using the above command when detecting computer components - that is, only when "loading"/"refreshing" the skins, not on a "regular"/"once every x seconds" basis. One CPU spike at the beginning is not a tragedy, as long as everything is nice and smooth afterwards. But can you ellaborate on WMI not being reliable? Does it give the wrong information or it's just the fact that it's slow?

I'll try that command later, but the only multi-GPU AMD system I have has identical GPUs, so it's not easy to tell exactly which one is primary.
With unreliable I meant that it sometimes doesn't return correct/exact information, although you have a different experience.

Back