HWiNFO32 and HWiNFO64 v4.50 released

Ok, thanks. It doesn't bother me that you have identical GPUs. In fact, it's better, as it should be "harder" to tell which is which. I want to check my method against "stronger cases", not easy ones.

Anyway, the PNPDeviceID from the wmic command should be different from one GPU to another, although the GPUs are identical - that's why I included that in the command.

so it's not easy to tell exactly which one is primary

I don't care which one is primary. I only care about the order in which they are displayed. To be more specific, I'm displaying both GPU's data, regardless of the primary/secondary status, so my concern is only about "correlating" the grabbed info to the correct GPU.

P.S. When you have the time to try the posted wmic command, could you please paste wmic output here or link to a screenshot? I hope I'm not asking for too much, but I'm really interested in how much info is different in the case of identical GPUs (e.g. if also the name of the GPU differs - usually Windows appends a "#number" to same name devices).

Thank you again for your patience and willingness to help.

Here's the output:
Code:
AdapterRAM=-1073741824
Description=AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
PNPDeviceID=PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_679A&SUBSYS_30001787&REV_00\4&E1ABBA9&0&0010

AdapterRAM=-1073741824
Description=AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
PNPDeviceID=PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_679A&SUBSYS_30001787&REV_00\4&22A0FC3E&0&0008

That's the same order as HWiNFO is showing:
1. DeviceInstanceId = PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_679A&SUBSYS_30001787&REV_00\4&E1ABBA9&0&0010
2. DeviceInstanceId = PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_679A&SUBSYS_30001787&REV_00\4&22A0FC3E&0&0008

Actually the GPUs are Radeon HD 7950 (later rebranded by AMD to Radeon R9 280) and HWiNFO properly identifies them. So this is one example of WMI not being accurate ;)

A big thank you, Martin! This will be really helpful in my skin designing process - I couldn't have done this by myself, as I don't have a multi-GPU system, much less an identical multi-GPU one.

Actually the GPUs are Radeon HD 7950 (later rebranded by AMD to Radeon R9 280) and HWiNFO properly identifies them. So this is one example of WMI not being accurate
wink.gif

Yeah, I think this is because WMI is grabbing the name/description passed on by the driver. If the driver is updated by AMD to show a rebranded name, than that's what WMI will show up too. HWiNFO on the other hand, is much more "independent" of the whole driver data than Microsoft's products, probably.

That's unfortunate that there is not a single tool able to show the correct values in all cases. Where WMI fails, HWiNFO succeeds. Where HWiNFO fails, MSI Afterburner succeeds. And where MSI afterburner fails, HWiNFO succeeds. Basically you just can't have it all in one place, with all these huge number of manufacturers, naming algorithms, buggy hardware, conflicts, etc., etc.

P.S. I guess Nick (aka Stangowner) would know this better, but is there any way to grab the PNPDeviceID/DeviceInstanceId through a HWiNFO "sensor" and use that in a Rainmeter skin with the help of Nick's plugin? It seems to be the only information that is accurate irrespective of the tool used for querying...

No, the PNPDeviceID/DeviceInstanceId is not available via HWiNFO sensor information.

Martin said:
M3TAl said:
Does the current HWiNFO work with Corsair Link enabled power supplies? I'm not seeing anything from Corsair Link in HWiNFO, my only CL device is an AX860i. It would be great to have HWiNFO show things like PSU temperature and various power related readings.

Yes, HWiNFO supports now many Corsair Link devices, but when you don't see your PSU reported, there might be an issue with that.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File (with sensor data) for analysis.

I have a Corsair AX1200i PSU and do not run the Corsair Link program, but I cannot find the AX1200i in HWiNFO data set.

Not sure, but hope this is the debug file that would be useful: [attachment=1503]

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
InfoSeeker said:
I have a Corsair AX1200i PSU and do not run the Corsair Link program, but I cannot find the AX1200i in HWiNFO data set.

Not sure, but hope this is the debug file that would be useful:

I'm sorry, but the USB device used to attach it to the machine is not yet supported by HWiNFO.
There are several different Corsair Link USB bridges used, but for some of them I don't have information how to communicate with them (yet).

Martin said:
I'm sorry, but the USB device used to attach it to the machine is not yet supported by HWiNFO.
There are several different Corsair Link USB bridges used, but for some of them I don't have information how to communicate with them (yet).

Thank you for quick response.

Looking at the product web page, I see

Package contents
  • AX1200i power supply
  • Modular cable pack
  • Accessory bag with mounting hardware, cable ties, and case badge
  • Installation Guide
  • Corsair Link Digital interface cable
  • Corsair Link USB Dongle

Is the USB problem with one of the two cables at the bottom of the content list, or is it in the PSU itself?

I guess my question is, is there anything I can do?

It's not a true "issue", it's just that I don't have information about your "Corsair Link USB Dongle" protocol, so I can't support it yet.
But I'm hoping to get more informaiton sometime later.

Back