HWiNFO32 and HWiNFO64 v5.00 released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO32/64 v5.00 has been released.
Changes:
  • Added support of Remote Sensor Monitoring within local network.
  • Added support of Nuvoton NCT6793D.
  • Enhanced detection and reporting of SMART status for some drives including SAS.
  • Added proper recognition of AMD 3xx Series GPUs (Grenada, Antigua, Trinidad, Tobago).
  • Added recognition of AMD Radeon R9 Fury and Radeon R9 Fury X.
  • Added reporting of GPU clock for Intel Braswell.
  • Added support of ITE IT8628 LPC/HW Monitor.
  • Fixed a bug preventing displaying of the RTSS FPS counter in recent versions.
  • Added monitoring of Performance Limit Reasons (why frequency is limited), available for Haswell, Skylake, Knights Landing.
  • Added reporting of System Agent and Imaging Unit clock for Skylake and Apollo Lake.
  • Added monitoring of GPU Memory Controller Utilization for AMD Iceland, Topaz, Tonga, Amethyst, Fiji.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI 100-series mainboards.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock Z170 series.

Big thanks! In the Remote Sensor Monitoring special thank you - this mechanism helps cool when the network is separated in space and serves as an indirect detector integrity OS settings - if the startup parameters OS is damaged (for example it occurs after the removal of Comodo Firewall - it does not completely remove damaging options TCP/IP), the OS on the damaged periodic there is increased CPU usage and subsystem I/O that can be seen when on the monitoring of CPU and I/O in Process Hacker. And included in the server-controlled cars Remote Sensor Monitoring, added them to the list control of the client on the machine acting as a central monitoring console and check the sensors seeing the names of the machines on the network. A more convenient mechanism I have not come across. :heart: This mechanism is implemented by you is similar to the one that was in 1993's DEC implemented for server clusters DEC AlphaSERVER AXP 7000/10000 worked for DEC OSF/1 - I would love to see a colleague who would dare to stop the cluster mainframe replacement for the mounting screw in some expansion cards installed in one of the PCI slots 108 CPU cabinet, or to improve ugly lying SCSI ribbon cable into the disk enclosure volume of 13 TB, or one RAM module or 14 GB RAM array or each server. :) It would be instantly dismissed from blacklisted and accelerated boot below the tailbone. :)

Hi Martin,

2nd screen issue is resolved with this build, thanks.

while text button issue is still there.
just to inform you.

cheers

Thanks for your feedback.
I have tested the text buttons on several machines and they appear OK. Don't know why it's different on yours.

Hi Martin,

I'm using this version in Windows 10, and it seems like it can't recognize my GPU (GTX 980M) is working. It only shows the entry name, nothing appear under it.. In the NVIDIA settings activity, it shows that my GPU is working. In windows 8.1 everything is fine.

This is most probably because you have a dual-GPU system (with Intel iGPU) and when there's no higher GPU demand (or explicit settings), the NVIDIA GPU is disabled by the Optimus technology to preserve power. HWiNFO doesn't enable it.
Just put some load on the NVIDIA GPU and all values will appear ;) Sometimes you can wake the GPU up also when you open the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Notebook chip (GTX 980M), and it is probable that at the time of the survey it is disabled to save battery power, and a 2D image in the modern notebooks are usually derived graphics core integrated into the processor. Try running your 3D application and see what kind of graphics chip will be active.

For today's energy-efficient laptops that you see the normal operation of the graphics subsystem.

Martin said:
This is most probably because you have a dual-GPU system (with Intel iGPU) and when there's no higher GPU demand (or explicit settings), the NVIDIA GPU is disabled by the Optimus technology to preserve power. HWiNFO doesn't enable it.
Just put some load on the NVIDIA GPU and all values will appear ;) Sometimes you can wake the GPU up also when you open the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Thank you for reply. That is exactly what I did when didn't see the NVIDIA GPU loads. The thing is when open game without playing, it should appear the minimum of GPU temp, core, memory clock. But it's not, in windows 8.1 this behavior did not happen. So I got difficult in configure the fan control, it can't read the GPU temp if  report temp is 0C. I tested with MSI Afterburn, it has same behavior, but at least when leave the games there and not playing, I can see the software report the minimum temp.

In this picture below, you will see that MSI Afterburn report the minimum clock, but HWinfo does not, so fan control unable to read the GPU temp when I configure. I didn't use the Dell EC because it causes lagging.

full screen image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/301/19550739660_1f63874264_o.png

19550739660_1f63874264_o.png

I'm not sure what values MSI Afterburner report when the GPU is disabled, but AFAIK in this case the GPU doesn't report anything - it behaves like not present. Maybe it reports the last value read when it was active, but this is not true and might be misleading.

Martin said:
I'm not sure what values MSI Afterburner report when the GPU is disabled, but AFAIK in this case the GPU doesn't report anything - it behaves like not present. Maybe it reports the last value read when it was active, but this is not true and might be misleading.

Because I'm pretty sure this version and other version will work like MSI Afterburn when on windows 8.1. I still tested between the two and see this different when reporting things like that. When run apps that need the NVIDIA GPU, even the app is idle, the GPU still wake and will report the minimum clock of GPU.

Martin said:
Thanks for your feedback.
I have tested the text buttons on several machines and they appear OK. Don't know why it's different on yours.

may be because i have disabled all special effects in windows7 ?

attachement.

cheers

Attachments

• text buttons.jpg
    text buttons.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1
Martin said:

You can compare the above photo with this one which I took when on windows 8.1. You can see that I only need to run 3DMark and leave it there (idle), HWinfo recognized the GPU correctly with minimum state of its. Vice versa for windows 10, even everything running but idle, it won't recognize. I don't know if it is NVIDIA driver bugs or anything like that. Because when playing games on windows 10, the screen teared so much.

19744175135_2c389279c0_o.png

lilw said:
Martin said:

You can compare the above photo with this one which I took when on windows 8.1. You can see that I only need to run 3DMark and leave it there (idle), HWinfo recognized the GPU correctly with minimum state of its. Vice versa for windows 10, even everything running but idle, it won't recognize. I don't know if it is NVIDIA driver bugs or anything like that. Because when playing games on windows 10, the screen teared so much.

Then it means there's a difference in how NVIDIA Optimus works on those two systems. You might check the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel or your Optimus preferences.
HWiNFO handles the GPU the same way on both systems.

Martin said:
lilw said:
Martin said:

Then it means there's a difference in how NVIDIA Optimus works on those two systems. You might check the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel or your Optimus preferences.
HWiNFO handles the GPU the same way on both systems.

I’m not sure because I didn’t change anything in NVIDIA settings. And this is only one laptop with 2 operating systems. It could be NVIDIA driver incomplete on windows 10.

Hackintoshihope said:
My GPU sensors also refuse to show even with a game running, as shown in this screen shot. Any help Martin? Thanks!

I think you got the same problems with me. But here we can't do anything now, we should wait for the final release of both Windows 10 and NVIDIA driver to see how it works. Playing games on windows 10 with NVIDIA GPU right now is really not stable at all, I can see it randomly freeze, crashed the games. If you want to see some report of GPU from Hwinfo, you should try playing games in windows mode, and put the Hwinfo sensor on the other part of the screen. It should show something.

In my opinion, because of intel graphics driver is always take over everything right now, So the nvidia gpu seems worst here. Even force it to run with NVIDIA GPU. Intel always run on thing that does not require more power from discrete GPU. When open GTA V, the black and intro screen only running at 30 FPS, I assume that is Intel, not until in the game, Intel let NVIDIA get in. But during the games, Intel still check if NVIDIA is needed or not so it freeze some secs because Intel realize it is too much for it to handle and return the game back for NVIDIA GPU. (Just a funny explanation)

That is windowed mode, with it running on the GTX 980M I would still expect HWINFO to show something and it does after 5min of running, it shows the voltage for 1 second then goes to zero, as well as temperature for 1 second and then goes to zero. Any more help would be great.

Hackintoshihope said:
That is windowed mode, with it running on the GTX 980M I would still expect HWINFO to show something and it does after 5min of running, it shows the voltage for 1 second then goes to zero, as well as temperature for 1 second and then goes to zero. Any more help would be great.

So I assume Diablo is not using NVIDIA GPU at all? Did you try other games? Or you can play Diablo but this time using MSI  Afterburn to see if it using GPU or not.

Sometimes I saw Hwinfo not report anything, but Afterburn reporting thing even the game is idle.

HWiNFO doesn't report NVIDIA parameters, because the GPU says that it's not enabled. So my assumption is that your NVIDIA GPU is not utilized in that situation.
Try other games or some benchmarks and see what happens.

If MSI Afterburner reports GPU values in that state, then I think it's accessing the GPU and thus keeps it awaken. HWiNFO on the other hand doesn't touch the GPU if it's disabled to preserve power - this mode of operation doesn't have influence on the system nor raises power usage by waking the GPU up when it should be sleeping, which I believe is what the users desire.

Back