HWiNFO64 changes fan speed in game

laurens1500

Hello,

I have this 3-4 year old Dell XPS15 l502x from which the fan is not working properly. When I'm gaming the fan speed is not rotating at full speed. I tried other software like MSI afterburner and Speedfan, but it doesn't allow me to change fan speed.

This way it's getting quite hot (65-80 degrees Celcius). Maybe this is a software problem, but it also starts crashing. The screen freezes and the audio makes a terrible sound. I need to hold the power button to turn it off, and then restart the laptop.

So i started using HWiNFO64. It allows me to change fan speed, but in-game it goes back to whatever speed my laptop wants and not what I have in HWiNFO64. Also when I don't disable the sensors after I clicked the sensor button, my screen freezes for a moment every 4-5 seconds. Very weird.

I play the games:

Payday The Heist
Call Of Duty: World at War
Skyrim
Magicka
Mafia 2
Call of Duty MW3

The older games like WAW and Skyrim have less and even almost no freezes, but then Payday crashes almost every heist.:mad:

I hope someone would like to help me.

Thanks in advance,

Laurens1500

laurens1500 said:
Hello,

I have this 3-4 year old Dell XPS15 l502x from which the fan is not working properly. When I'm gaming the fan speed is not rotating at full speed. I tried other software like MSI afterburner and Speedfan, but it doesn't allow me to change fan speed.

This way it's getting quite hot (65-80 degrees Celcius). Maybe this is a software problem, but it also starts crashing. The screen freezes and the audio makes a terrible sound. I need to hold the power button to turn it off, and then restart the laptop.

So i started using HWiNFO64. It allows me to change fan speed, but in-game it goes back to whatever speed my laptop wants and not what I have in HWiNFO64. Also when I don't disable the sensors after I clicked the sensor button, my screen freezes for a moment every 4-5 seconds. Very weird.

I play the games:

Payday The Heist
Call Of Duty: World at War
Skyrim
Magicka
Mafia 2
Call of Duty MW3

The older games like WAW and Skyrim have less and even almost no freezes, but then Payday crashes almost every heist.:mad:

I hope someone would like to help me.

Thanks in advance,

Laurens1500
Have you tried and remove the checkmark in ec support in settings to HWIFO? It may be something weird if ec support is checked.

Back