HWInfo64 crashes on adding 2nd server

mumer8637

Hello,

First thing first, thank you for making this incredible software.
This is the best hardware monitoring software for windows. Period.

The software is working stably for me and I can connect one LAN server (192.168.1.21) just fine.
However, as soon as I add second server (192.168.1.22), HWInfo crashes.

I can connect to both servers individually just fine i.e adding ANY one, then removing it and then adding the other one but if i try to add both, HWInfo crashes.
It crashes just after it tries to populate new rows.

I tried disabling monitoring all sensors but 1 for host, and both servers so there is only one item being monitored each system. The issue is still persistent.

Please find the DBG in the attachment.

I've also made a video of the issue: https://youtu.be/h5XpHABABEc

Please advice.

Best regards,
Umer

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Thanks for your report. I already got a similar one and spent a lot of time trying to reproduce the problem, but I couldn't. I cannot make HWiNFO crash even when connecting more remote machines. So it's very difficult for me to find and fix this problem.
Do you maybe have the Fixed Order of items in HWiNFO disabled ? Also, does it crash if you try to connect from other machines (different roles) ?
Can you try to reduce the polling rate (i.e. from 2000 to 5000 ms) in sensors to see if that makes any difference ?

Martin said:
Thanks for your report. I already got a similar one and spent a lot of time trying to reproduce the problem, but I couldn't. I cannot make HWiNFO crash even when connecting more remote machines. So it's very difficult for me to find and fix this problem.
Do you maybe have the Fixed Order of items in HWiNFO disabled ? Also, does it crash if you try to connect from other machines (different roles) ?
Can you try to reduce the polling rate (i.e. from 2000 to 5000 ms) in sensors to see if that makes any difference ?

Thank you for your prompt response.

I saw the other thread you were referring but that guy didn't solved the issue I think.

Nevertheless, I have Fixed Order. Everything is pretty much with basic settings except Sensor only and auto start.
I tried with other machines as well but exactly the same issue. Same goes for 5000ms polling rate.

Any other advice?

Well, I'm thinking about this all the time, but it's very difficult to diagnose it when I can't reproduce it.
I'd perhaps suggest to try to Reset Preferences in HWiNFO and then test again to see if that will change anything...

Martin said:
Well, I'm thinking about this all the time, but it's very difficult to diagnose it when I can't reproduce it.
I'd perhaps suggest to try to Reset Preferences in HWiNFO and then test again to see if that will change anything...

I can understand its not possible to diagnose without being able to reproduce first.
I've tried Reset Preferences many many times over the last week or two.  ;)

I'll try this on a completely different computer, then on a different set of servers (might take a while) and see what's what.
I'll update here then.

Perhaps if you have different machines and adding only some of them causes the problem, we could find factors that are causing this (a specific sensor or reading).

Sorry for taking so long, but I was finally able to reproduce this problem.
It should be fixed since v5.85-3455 Beta.

Back