HWiNFO64 Pro stops running

RogerRamjet

I have been using Windows11 21H2 and HWiNFO64Pro 7.26-4800 for a while, which have been working great. Recently, ay irregular intervals, the program simply stops running. This may occur after a few days, once a day, or sometimes more than once a day. I can go back to the Start Menu and restart the program and everything works great until the next time it decides to stop. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this annoying problem?

Best would be to catch that situation in HWiNFO Debug File and provide it, but since that happens after such a long time the file would be very large.
Try to first completely Reset Preferences in HWiNFO if that will help.
When HWiNFO stops, does it remain running or close itself/crash? You might also check its memory consumption if it's growing over time.

Sorry about the long delay but I've been testing the suggested fix. I reset the preferences, stop the program, restarted Windows, and then returned the preferences back to where they were. It has been 9 days now and the program has not stopped/crashed a single time. Thank you so much, Martin. I'm glad this turned out to be an easy fix.

Back