HWiNFO64 Pro stops running

RogerRamjet

I have been using Windows11 21H2 and HWiNFO64Pro 7.26-4800 for a while, which have been working great. Recently, ay irregular intervals, the program simply stops running. This may occur after a few days, once a day, or sometimes more than once a day. I can go back to the Start Menu and restart the program and everything works great until the next time it decides to stop. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this annoying problem?

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Best would be to catch that situation in HWiNFO Debug File and provide it, but since that happens after such a long time the file would be very large.
Try to first completely Reset Preferences in HWiNFO if that will help.
When HWiNFO stops, does it remain running or close itself/crash? You might also check its memory consumption if it's growing over time.

RogerRamjet

Sorry about the long delay but I've been testing the suggested fix. I reset the preferences, stop the program, restarted Windows, and then returned the preferences back to where they were. It has been 9 days now and the program has not stopped/crashed a single time. Thank you so much, Martin. I'm glad this turned out to be an easy fix.