Hwinfo64 taskbar issue

iicycube

Hi everyone,
Not sure what happens to the HWinfo64 (V7.36) as recently I keep getting frozen reading intermittently, tried quit the app but it won't launch back and also I had kill it from the task manager with no luck also which only showed the .exe on the task manager (Taskbar still nothing). What could have happened to it?
I generate a DBG file as well.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    276 bytes · Views: 3
Please attach a new Debug File as this one is not valid. You have most likely started HWiNFO again to disable Debug Mode which has overwritten the previous content.

Hmm I update to v7.46 and see how it goes, as I need to restart when the app doesn't launch at taskbar.

@Martin, I think for the v7.46 it still won't launch itself as well. This DBG file was when I manually launch it from debug mode.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    284.7 KB · Views: 1
Try to completely Reset Preferences in HWiNFO.
If that won't help please attach a Debug File of when it won't start/will hang.

Okay this time the app acting funny not sure this one can catch any error or not.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    150.2 KB · Views: 1
Looks like a mismatch is sensor layout configuration. Resetting Preferences in HWiNFO or doing a "Restore Original Order" should help.

@Martin, hi not sure why after doing those steps you mention, it still freeze the number from my task bar and when kill the task, it wont launch the app at all.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    389 KB · Views: 1
Looks like the Reset Preferences didn't work or wasn't done properly.
Try to start HWiNFO into the welcome screen without opening the Sensors window and from there go into Settings - Reset Preferences and close it.
If you have auto start enabled or welcome screen disabled you might first need to enable the "Show Welcome Screen and Progress" option.

@Martin, hi it has been a while I mentioned the problem, but after all, it is still persistent having this struck/freeze issue on the CPU fan reading or when kill task it will stop at detecting CPU #23 always.
I using "show welcome screen mode" and restart sometime will work fine on it.
FYI: I already update my bios to the latest (Asus CH vii hero wifi)

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This seems to be a bug in the BIOS but since you say you're using the latest BIOS it probably won't be fixed by ASUS.
You should be able to workaround this by opening the HWiNFO64.INI file and inserting the following line at the end:
AsusWMI=0
This will however not show some mainboard sensors.

This seems to be a bug in the BIOS but since you say you're using the latest BIOS it probably won't be fixed by ASUS.
You should be able to workaround this by opening the HWiNFO64.INI file and inserting the following line at the end:

This will however not show some mainboard sensors.
Okay thanks alot for the tag code, I will try to see hows the outcome.

Back