HWiNFOMonitor and HWiNFO64 4.45 ff. changed interface / config[solved, may be closed]

It seems that HWiNFO64 behind version 4.44 has changed shared memory interface. So the id's from HWiNFO64 in versions behind 4.45_2320 don't refer to the older ones and it's expensive to restore the layout of HWiNFOMonitor to that before. Are there some suggestions to convert the configuration file prefMonitors_0.json ?

RE: HWiNFOMonitor and HWiNFO64 4.45 ff. changed interface / config

Yes, there have been some changes and I'm not sure how well this is handled by HWiNFOMonitor. I'm waiting for the response from the author of HWiNFOMonitor. He has already updated the Rainmeter plugin, so it's possible that HWiNFOMonitor will require an update too.

Hi, Martin. Thank you for fast answer. I'll try create a new config for HWiNFOMonitor and substitute the configuration data from old one.

EDIT: With my hardware configuration and HWiNFO64 4.45-2327 the most of layout restored by changing the id's in configuration file of HWiNFOMonitor. But some values did not / not correctly found / read by HWiNFOMonitor (LAN UP / DL, GPU Power load, SSD Read / Write Rate).

matthiasschroeder said:
Hi, Martin. Thank you for fast answer. I'll try create a new config for HWiNFOMonitor and substitute the configuration data from old one.

EDIT: With my hardware configuration and HWiNFO64 4.45-2327 the most of layout restored by changing the id's in configuration file of HWiNFOMonitor. But some values did not / not correctly found / read by HWiNFOMonitor (LAN UP / DL, GPU Power load, SSD Read / Write Rate).

I see the same issue and am looking into it. I'll reply back soon when I have more info.
- Nick

Hello

A long time absent, loads going on and all time consuming.

I have even been neglecting my pc, but did have some time to spend on on Friday.
The latest build of hwinfo is producing a lot of "0" in the sidebar gadget.

Don't know what build number things started to awry with the gadget and hwinfo
but it didn't completely start the last few builds, I don't know what build number things started disparaging from the gadget, but it was a while ago. Not much help afraid.

I have reverted to build number 4.06.1760 Its a few years old

I really should have saved some in-between then and now.

Hi Vomit,

4.44 should be fine. It broke somewhere in the 4.45 timeframe, so 4.46 is broken too.

Martin and I are both working on an update to resolve the issue. We hope to have it available soon. We will mention here when its available.

Thanks,
- Nick
Vomit said:
Hello

A long time absent, loads going on and all time consuming.

I have even been neglecting my pc, but did have some time to spend on on Friday.
The latest build of hwinfo is producing a lot of "0" in the sidebar gadget.

Don't know what build number things started to awry with the gadget and hwinfo
but it didn't completely start the last few builds, I don't know what build number things started disparaging from the gadget, but it was a while ago. Not much help afraid.

I have reverted to build number 4.06.1760 Its a few years old

I really should have saved some in-between then and now.

I'm pleased its being fixed up :D

I don't have a copy of that build number and cant find anywhere to get it:s

Does anybody know if it is at all possible to get windows sideshow to run on
windows phone 8.1? Im still using my old LG Layla, but recently got a Lumia 530, would be nice if it worked on that too.

Thank you, I'll try it just now.

EDIT: Thank you, now all seems to work fine again. :) I also had something to do. Initial edited prefMonitors_0.json 1st didn't work as bevore, so I migrated all parameters from previous version with HWiNFOMonitor graphical frontend. After initial saving complete changed configuration, editing prefMonitors_0.json seems to work again. For greater configuration changes and modifying multiple analog sensors that ist more efficiency to me against "Copy" and "Paste" at graphical frontend.

Is now also the behavior for external hard drives changed, so that they don't confuse any more the mapping of sensors in HWiNFOMonitor ? I'll check ist at weekend.

matthiasschroeder said:
Is now also the behavior for external hard drives changed, so that they don't confuse any more the mapping of sensors in HWiNFOMonitor ? I'll check ist at weekend.

Yes, this should work now properly too.

Great, thank you !  HWiNFO and HWiNFOMonitor are super tools, all important data at one nice, comfortable configurable view.:)

I was just noticing you were the author of the external HDD post too.  Sorry it took so long to get that issue resolved.  HWiNFO did have changes to help that particular issue which I had not implement in the gadget until now.  But it still would not have been 100 foolproof from other recent changes.  It should be now with the corresponding changes from both sides.

Let us know if you have any more issues.  Thanks for the positive feedback!

- Nick

You don't have to apologize, great work from you. Some things need some time and I think you've also other things to do than programming this tool.
I tested function with two different external hard disks and it works fine with the connected drives and also if I disconnect them.

Back