I think HWinfo detects my NVidia graphics card falsely as FAKE

ludotielbeke

I think HWinfo detects my Nvidia graphics card falsely as FAKE, i also installed gpu-z which it had different opinion about my card, in gpu-z my graphics card is genuine
so, how i can now know if my NVidia graphics card is trully fake or it's just a false positive of HWinfo?

I got Nvidia Tesla K80 24GB
You can see full specs at HPE NVIDIA Tesla K80 Dual GPU Module: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Do you have any idea why HWinfo detecs my grapics card as fake?

I have attached the Debug reports.

Attachments

• WINDOWS-7HQQDCQ.HTM
    306.5 KB · Views: 7
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    670.3 KB · Views: 2
This seems to be a bug in HWiNFO and shall be fixed in the next (Beta) build. Sorry for the confusion.

Also using a Tesla K80 (soon two, when after changing case). Just tried v7.04 and it reports [FAKE] ... It's not.

If a fake nVIDIA GPU is installed (like those bought at wish.com), the genuine nVIDIA driver will not accept it and the cheated user has to settle with the VGA driver included in Windows. (Hacked driver are usually supplied with fakes and no update available. Few years ago, I tried one of those as an addition to my genuine nVIDIA card. Not stable for starters. At least, the fan was usable ...).

Edit:
It turned out it wasn't v7.04, despite I downloaded the v7.04 Installer and used it. Somewhere in the installation process, something went wrong. After installing the v7.04, the v6.22 was still there. I discovered this after I downloaded the portable version, which reports correctly. Uninstalled the v6.22 manually and tried again with v7.04.

Last edited:
Can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File so I can why it's showing it as Fake?

Can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File so I can why it's showing it as Fake?
Well it doesn't, as v7.04 wasn't replacing the v6.22 as it should when installed. (v7.04 works. No, the two installers was not in the same directory)

Last edited:
Back