Import SSD/HDD power on hours

nmdelrio

[attachment=3464]

The power-on hours and power-on resets are not available on the Sensors windows. As such they cannot be imported to Rainmeter using info provided by the Shared Memory Viewer plugin.

Is there a way to import the said device statistics to Rainmeter?

If not, any plans to include them in the Sensors windows? If not, may I suggest they be included?  :rolleyes:

[attachment=3465]

Thanks.

Attachments

• pwr-on-count.PNG
    pwr-on-count.PNG
    81.5 KB · Views: 2
  • ssd.PNG
    ssd.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
I don't consider this parameter as important for constant monitoring. I'm wondering why do you need to watch this value in real-time?

Martin said:
I don't consider this parameter as important for constant monitoring. I'm wondering why do you need to watch this value in real-time?

I was afraid you'd say that. I agree, it is not one for those parameters that need to be monitored constantly. I guess I am one of the few who are obsessed with knowing what's and how's everything going on. I have lots of storage devices in my system. Apart from waiting for S.M.A.R.T. to tell me it's time to replace a drive (I have a pop-up for that), I would usually replace the drive when my gut feelings tell me it's time to replace a drive. I "gut assess" this by looking at the drive statistics from S.M.A.R.T. such as how many terabytes reads/writes on the drive, how long has it be powered on, etc.? apart from a pop-up S.M.A.R.T warning, all these parameters I put in a mouse-hover tooltip in a Rainmeter skin. I just have so much family home videos and photos from the past many, many years, including those I had digitized, and I don't what to lose them. I even had old Betamax and VHS family home videos from 40 years ago that I had digitized. I am paranoid about the thought of losing them.  :s

[attachment=3466]

[attachment=3469]

No big deal if the drive power-on hours and resets are not added, I just thought I'd suggest, the reason primarily is for convenience (mine) to the see the info with a mere mouse hover (i.e. for me).

And just to show how obsessed I am with information. Two 1280 x 1024 monitors filled with mostly system monitor Rainmeter skins,  :exclamation: . That's how much I use (and pleased and grateful with) HWInfo.  :heart: 

[attachment=3467]

TGFH *Thank God for HWInfo (and Rainmeter).

Attachments

• smart.jpg
    smart.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 5
  • dt-top.jpg
    dt-top.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 5
  • RW.jpg
    RW.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4
Wow, that's a huuuge monitoring screen :D
I will reconsider this request, but currently I have lots of other features in works.. New platforms are to be released soon...

Martin said:
Wow, that's a huuuge monitoring screen :D
I will reconsider this request, but currently I have lots of other features in works.. New platforms are to be released soon...

I warned you I was obsessed, borderline paranoid.  :D

Thank you for considering, no hurry. And please keep up with great work on HWInfo. '

I am looking forward to the new features. Yummy!

Back