Incorrect version of PCIe 16x

VictorVG said:
M/B MSI G41TM-P33 - Intel G41 Express + ICH7. HWiNFO32 4.09.1815 reported bus configuration as 2 x PCI and 1 x PCIe x16 v1.1:

this is real chipset configuration, but if You BIOS reported PCIe configuration as x16 PCIe v2.0 compliance, please, see hardware manual for You m/b for details.

Really real? This board doesn't have 2xPCI Express x1.
PCIe compatibility doesn't mean capability. This board doesn't capability to work at PCIe v2.0 specification. No way. Full capability chip may be present, bud hardware limited by other hardware. Not only SW limited by BIOS microcode.

Nick_White said:
VictorVG said:
M/B MSI G41TM-P33 - Intel G41 Express + ICH7. HWiNFO32 4.09.1815 reported bus configuration as 2 x PCI and 1 x PCIe x16 v1.1:

this is real chipset configuration, but if You BIOS reported PCIe configuration as x16 PCIe v2.0 compliance, please, see hardware manual for You m/b for details.

Really real? This board doesn't have 2xPCI Express x1.
PCIe compatibility doesn't mean capability. This board doesn't capability to work at PCIe v2.0 specification. No way. Full capability chip may be present, bud hardware limited by other hardware. Not only SW limited by BIOS microcode.
This board is microATX form factor and have has two available PCI 32-bit 33 MHz slots and 1 PCIe x16 v1.1 slots, we honestly reported the utility at the same time, for example, the report AIDA64 version 2.70.2244.0 we see a wrong definition bus PCIe x16 version as 2.0 because it reads the version was not the tire itself, and connected devices PNY Vertogo GT220 which has a bus PCIe v.2.0. At the same time, but controllers the SATA II and 1000-BASE-T on the board connected to the PCIe x1 v1.1 line, that is read correctly.

I have seen the wiring diagram of the system board and I can say that of the two diagnostic tools HWiNFO32 is only correctly identifies the hardware configuration. Several times I wrote about the mistakes of the author AIDA64, but the answer in a few years and has not received as maybe they do not read all the letters.;)

I now have this board is in the test stand and I know its shape, and the main machine I have is a different motherboard, chipset Intel P43 Express - ASUS P5QL/EPU and right there is a slot PCIe x16 Gen2 PCIe v2.0 0 somehow NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti in 3D is its bandwidth demands.;)

Yes, author of HWiNFO working hard, but MSI G41TM-P33 have zero PCI Express x1 slots.
Board have two PCI 33 MHz standard slot and one PCI Express x16 slot. Author see the problem in BIOS (post is upper this thread). I don't know, you have MSI, I have Gigabyte G41 with one PCI Express x1 only. Program reports both boards as two PCI Express x1 slots ;-)

In version 4.10-1820, PCIe x 1 info is now missing.

Attachments

• 2012-12-20_141400.jpg
    2012-12-20_141400.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 4
Cmp_Cmndo said:

I downloaded last version right now. But no change on my board :-(
Still two PCI Express x1 slots. Yes, it can mean that my problem is really my BIOS.

Attachments

• PCIe_x1.png
    PCIe_x1.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 2
This is very strange, now it is displaying correctly after cold boot.
BTW, here's a different one from a laptop that shows the BIOS version as Compaq instead of HP. Both are listed in report.
BIOS Manufacturer: Compaq
BIOS Vendor: Hewlett-Packard

Reports for both computers are attached.

Martin said:
Can you please attach the Report File for analysis?

Cmp_Cmndo said:

Attachments

• HWInfo_Reports.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
Ok, will try to fix the BIOS vendor reporting. It probably contained some Compaq code before the merge with HP.

Back