Incorrect VRM? temperature

kenshinxx12

Hi Martin,

First of all I really love how you built the HWinfo64 tool into such a delicate piece of software.
Thank you for putting so much time into this.

But I have one question. I have been using ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboards. And I am buying many other ASRock 
motherboards as well. However, I have tried many version of HWinfo64 tool and it always sense really high temperature.

Below are the few sensors that has really high temperature.
1. Auxiliary
2. AUXTIN1

Would it be possible if you could remove the sensing when HWinfo64 detects ASRock motherboard? 
Because there is no such high temperature found on the motherboard. 

Also other than removing the item, could you also tell me where these sensors are sensing? 

Last but not least, thank you for putting so much efforts on this tool. Thank you.

Thanks for the report. Does this concern only the B450B Pro4 model, or have you seen such invalid values on other models too?

Martin said:
Thanks for the report. Does this concern only the B450M Pro4 model, or have you seen such invalid values on other models too?

Dear Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have found on some other boards as well.
I will check and get back to you.

Thanks again.

Those are most probably invalid readouts of a sensor that's not connected.
I will remove them for the B450M Pro4 board now and wWill do the same for others if you provide information about them.

I don't have much to add, but I also get high and hopefully incorrect VRM readings using HWiNFO with an ASRock B450M Pro4. After boot, they start close to 100 ºC and remain mostly unchanged (± 5ºC) independently of CPU or iGPU load (I am using a Ryzen 2200G.)

At any rate, why would a non-connected sensor change slightly instead of showing a fix value?

That sensor pin is not connected on ASRock B450M Pro4 and its value is more-less floating.
The result is based on some other variables in the chip/system, so it might appear to be rising during load, but it's not reflecting the VRM temperature.

Martin said:
That sensor pin is not connected on ASRock B450M Pro4 and its value is more-less floating.
The result is based on some other variables in the chip/system, so it might appear to be rising during load, but it's not reflecting the VRM temperature.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Back