Increasing size of gadget?

ToBbErT

As the title says, is this possible? I know there's a option to increase the size a little bit but its still small with a resolution of 2560x1440. Is there a way to manual edit a file to increase the size? Great little app!

Yesterday i was tweaking my system and i noticed my cpu vcore was going up and down from 0.9 to 1.2. And discovered HWinfo64 is the cause to this. I tried the beta and the most recent version but i get the same results. I dont know if its normal behavior or not but it kinda breaks the power saving options i got enabled.

Also HWinfo64 has never been able to get accurate cpu vcore reading for my 3570k. Cpu-z and asus AI suite probe 2 both give accurate vcore reading (1.2v on load) but HWinfo64 always showing around 1.13 - 1.14v.

i5 3570k
asus p8z77-v le plus
windows 7 64bit

ToBbErT said:
As the title says, is this possible? I know there's a option to increase the size a little bit but its still small with a resolution of 2560x1440. Is there a way to manual edit a file to increase the size? Great little app!

I just whipped this together quickly, so it may not be perfect but should get you pretty much there. Its 50% wider and a bit taller than the existing large version. The fonts are 33% bigger.

Close the gadget, download this file and then extract it to your "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget" folder
http://rivatuner.doomdealer.com/HWiNFO/HWiNFOMonitor-xlarge.zip

I did go through all styles and they look good, but I did not try tons of various combinations so let me know if it needs any other minor tweaks.

If you want it even larger......then compare the 3 files being replaced to their originals (also included in zip). You can use a text comparison tool like Notepad++ with the compare plugin.

**NOTE: The two graph styles are not completely isolated with css, so making this change will cause them to look slightly wrong when displaying the gadget in small mode (docked in Vista). The other styles should still be fine.

Thanks,
Nick

Whoa! The size is perfect :) I will open another thread in the right section regarding the other questions i have about HWinfo. Thx for the help, much appreciated!

This thread is according to google the only place where increasing the size of the gadget is discussed - sadly the linked files are not compatible with the gadget 2.0 (it does get bigger but the refresh breaks).

I've diffed the changes from 1.1 to 2.0 and applied them to the xlarge files, resulting in a working xlarge for the 2.0 gadget

Attachments

• HWiNFOMonitor2.0-xlarge.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 65
Back