Is there a way to remove welcome screen?

Hi,

I dont know if this is possible, but i use HWInfo (at least when im on my main PC) only on sensor-mode.

Is there a way to make it boot into sensor mode directly?, without clicking "run" on the welcome screen. I would prefer the website/your name inside the sensors window somewhere than clicking run everytime.

If there is not, it would be great to have the option (maybe added to configure button, which can be accesed from the task icon @ sensor mode), or at least some .ini/shortcut parameter argument (hwInfo64.exe -sensors, or hwInfo64.exe -summary).

Thanks,

PS: Apart from this, idk if this is possible, but when loading sensors, it looks like you try to detect devices, sensors etc...., in order to improve the load time, ¿is there a chance hwinfo could cache what you detect there first time and only do it again when users asks to? (some refresh-like button).

In order not to display the welcome screen, just enable the "Minimize Main Window on Startup" option in Configure screen.

The sensor scanning process can be improved several ways. If for example it takes a lot of time during scanning the GPU sensors (which is quite common) and your machine doesn't have a high-end GPU with additional GPU I2C sensors, you can disable the "GPU I2C Support" in HWiNFO to considerably improve the scan time. Note, that disabling this option will not scan and report additional GPU I2C sensors, which are found only few high-end GPUs.

Martin said:
In order not to display the welcome screen, just enable the "Minimize Main Window on Startup" option in Configure screen...
How to re-enable it to access system summary, etc? Edit HWInfo32.ini file?
MinimalizeMainWnd=1
Set MinimalizeMainWnd=0 ??

BTW, I see that History.TXT file is no longer being updated when EXE file is installed. Is this because I don't overwrite INI file?

I also see that if 2 boxes are not checked in Welcome window, Main Window will sit behind Sensor Window & cannot be brought forward without closing Sensor Window. Clicking on it, highlights it but still stays behind Sensor Window.

Cmp_Cmndo said:
How to re-enable it to access system summary, etc? Edit HWInfo32.ini file?
MinimalizeMainWnd=1
Set MinimalizeMainWnd=0 ??
Yes, that's one possibility.
The other is when for example in Sensor-only mode, right-click on the HWiNFO icon in Task Bar and select "Configure".

Cmp_Cmndo said:
BTW, I see that History.TXT file is no longer being updated when EXE file is installed. Is this because I don't overwrite INI file?
This file is no longer part of the HWiNFO package (to reduce the footprint). It's available on-line from the News section.

Cmp_Cmndo said:
I also see that if 2 boxes are not checked in Welcome window, Main Window will sit behind Sensor Window & cannot be brought forward without closing Sensor Window. Clicking on it, highlights it but still stays behind Sensor Window.
That's intentional.

Martin said:
In order not to display the welcome screen, just enable the "Minimize Main Window on Startup" option in Configure screen.

The sensor scanning process can be improved several ways. If for example it takes a lot of time during scanning the GPU sensors (which is quite common) and your machine doesn't have a high-end GPU with additional GPU I2C sensors, you can disable the "GPU I2C Support" in HWiNFO to considerably improve the scan time. Note, that disabling this option will not scan and report additional GPU I2C sensors, which are found only few high-end GPUs.

Hummmkay thanks!, i had been testing some of the options there b4 posting:), but i didnt find the right combo, or better said, didnt understand that main window is the welcome screen.

Will do the I2C support thing since i dont need those values (i think, idk if my 6870 has em).

Thanks! great work with hwinfo,

The main window is not the welcome screen :) Hiding the welcome screen is just a kind of side-feature of that option ;)
If you hold the mouse cursor over each setting, it will give you more information.

If you want to be sure if your GPU has additional I2C sensors, please attach a screenshot of the sensors window and I'll check that.

Martin said:
This file is no longer part of the HWiNFO package (to reduce the footprint). It's available on-line from the News section.

Minor typos:
http://www.hwinfo.com/History32.txt
http://www.hwinfo.com/History64.txt

============================== Version 4.12 ==================================
Released: Feb-04-2012

Back