Just updated and now issues

Davidinlv82

OK first thing is I just updated a few days ago to the newest windows update, since then I have been having issues. After getting the new update installed to my system it's pretty custom for me to use windows clean up to remove the older version of windows and to a system reinstall for a complete fresh install of everything so it's easier for me to figure out where the bugs are. One of the first bugs was with HWiNFO since after installing all my drivers and computer specific software I then start on installing all my usual programs first one being HWiNFO. I had a problem when I first installed it lagging and no responding when I was hiding things I didn't want to see on my screen, every one I chose to hide created a lag in the program that caused it to say HWiNFO (NOT RESPONDING), then that would go away and act like nothing was wrong till I hid the next item. The next thing I noticed was that when I was finally content with how I wanted it to look on my screen I went in to the settings and  changed the speed of the sensor polling to 100MS which is pretty much real time speed and what I like to have it at, after saving and exiting the settings I noticed that none of the values was ever changing, like the polling rate had been increased to 2000 or more, I feared that I may have not actually hit the set button and just exited and went back in the settings and looked........... says 100 ms..... OK so i got that right and moved on still noticing that there was no sensor readings being updated...... So I uninstalled....... made sure to clean up the residual files and registry and restarted the computer and tried again. Got to thinking that since I had yet to sign into my Microsoft account on my computer (to bypass all the putting in the passwords after having to reboot after installations and such) it might be creating admin problems or issues with permissions of some sort that I would wait to install HWiNFO till after I was done installing everything and was able to sign into my Microsoft account again. After signing in the problem was gone, all the lagging and hangups and issues just vanished like they didn't ever exist..... Ok so problem solved right? No not really cause I just updated to the latest version and I am having the same exact issue all over again and this time I am still signed into my computer and have 100% full admin rights and permissions and still getting hangups and freezes and just a complete lack of cooperation from HWiNFO.

I have attached a debug file, hopefully it helps figure out the issue and also a screenshot of the program not responding. Also the screenshot shows another but that I seen when updating to the latest version and it was that it showed current up and download rates in the PSU section from a wireless network card I have installed and hidden cause it's currently not in use from the last version of HWiNFO I was using prior to the update

I see that you have a Corsair RMi PSU. Monitoring this device can cause lags as its protocol is very slow. 100 ms refresh is very fast, even without monitoring such device.
So I'd suggest to start with disabling monitoring of this sensor (hit Del over the heading) and see if that improves it.
If that won't help you might diagnose if there's some lag in sensor readout by enabling the "Profiling Time" which will then show how long it takes to read each sensor.
Otherwise I suggest to raise the polling period.

EDIT: I have just analyzed the DBG file deeper and indeed it seems that something is blocking access to the Corsair PSU device. Are you perhaps running any other software accessing it ? Some versions of the Corsair Link software were known to have such bugs too.

No I'm not running any other monitoring software for the PSU other that Link, in fact I haven't ever had the need to since I found HWiNFO. Strange that everything was working the last version of HWiNFO and not this one. I can try and do a full uninstall of link and make sure that there are no residual files left and try installing it again and see if that helps. Give me a little time to try this and I will get back to you with the results.

I did just uninstall the Corsair Link program and installed HWiNFO and set it up how I normally would but included the polling time for the sensor readings and I noticed that on average even without Corsair Link installed there is unusually high polling times on the PSU 500+ ms sometimes as high as 5000+ ms just adjusting the window size of each of the brackets so I can see all the numbers. I will mess around with it a little and try and get screenshots of it for you as well as a new debug file.

I updated the original post with a new screenshot and debug file running HWiNFO without Corsair Link installed

Sorry, now I lost track which debug file belongs to which situation.
But you can see that running with Corsair Link causes heavy lags in HWiNFO and that's the reason of the problems you see.
And even without Corsair Link the protocol to access it is quite slow.

Sorry I was only able to give just the 1 debug file. I kinda messed up sending the debug file before and after installing Corsair link but will do it again tomorrow after I wake up. Thing is I never had this problem with the previous version of HWiNFO, it worked great, practically flawless with the beta version.

Are you sure this happened due to the new version and not the update in Windows ?
There were no changes in HWiNFO between the Beta and 5.60 that could cause such problems.

Like I said I had it working fine after the windows update after I logged into my computer using my Microsoft account it installed and worked flawlessly, I updated HWiNFO to the beta without problems and started having the issues again when I updated from the beta to 5.60.

Martin said:
Can you try to go back to the last Beta and see how it will work ?

Ok so I uninstalled and made sure there was no residual files left of HWiNFO's newest version and went back to 5.58 and had the same problem, tried again with the last beta and same problem. Then I went back to a previous version of Corsair Link which is what I had last saved to my computer and is version 4.3.0.154, no issues with HWiNFO 5.58 and attached will be the debug from that

Edit: For some reason I cannot attach the debug file to this post......

Edit 2: Updated to the latest beta still no issues with Corsair Link Version 4.3.0.154 Have a separate debug for that version as well that cannot attach for whatever reason

Edit 3: Updated to HWiNFO 5.60 and still no issues with Corsair Link Version 4.3.0.154. Have another Debug file to go with that as well.

I will try and see if I can do any other updates to Corsair Link until I see any problems for for now it's working like it was before I started having all of these issues. I am perhaps wondering if it has something to do with Corsair Link's installer for Version 4.3.0.154 installing the needed USB drivers but the newest version not doing it and it not being HWiNFO's problem at all. That's what I am suspecting right now. And if that be the case I completely apologize for wasting your time with this.

This proves what I originally assessed:
"I have just analyzed the DBG file deeper and indeed it seems that something is blocking access to the Corsair PSU device. Are you perhaps running any other software accessing it ? Some versions of the Corsair Link software were known to have such bugs too.".
To be more specific - we have agreed with Corsair on a mechanism how to avoid conflicts when accessing their devices. But some versions of the Corsair Link software don't use this properly (a bug) and in fact block all other applications when trying to access it too.

Martin said:
This proves what I originally assessed:
"I have just analyzed the DBG file deeper and indeed it seems that something is blocking access to the Corsair PSU device. Are you perhaps running any other software accessing it ? Some versions of the Corsair Link software were known to have such bugs too.".
To be more specific - we have agreed with Corsair on a mechanism how to avoid conflicts when accessing their devices. But some versions of the Corsair Link software don't use this properly (a bug) and in fact block all other applications when trying to access it too.

This is frustrating though I'm sure more for you than for me or many of the users that use both Link and HWiNFO. Don't get me wrong I would probably go without using Link if I could but the only reason I do use it and keep it installed is because I need my PSU fan on at all times, otherwise my computer get's pretty warm, well warmer than it normally is for having one of the hottest CPU's on the market due to it's power draw and a graphics card that get's pretty warm also.

Back