Latest Intel UHD driver causes issues.

mnemonic

Hello,

I have some reporting errors since the latest intel UHD driver for UHD750 driver 3222.

If you check the included picture you will notice discrepancies between hwinfo64 and gpu-z , gpu-z seems to be the more correct one (though gpu temperature reported is wrong with gpu-z).

Does this need to be fixed by intel or did they change something and hwinfo64 needs an update ?

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-29 115218.png

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
The GPU clock you see in HWiNFO is what's reported by the Intel GPU driver.
You might try the latest HWiNFO Beta version 7.27 which has some improvements here for later Intel GPU drivers but it's quite unlikely that you'll see a change here.
If Intel says this is the GPU clock, it should be so.

mnemonic

With all previous drivers it reports it's idle clock being 350MHz and clocking to 1300 when busy, only with this latest driver it gets reported as being 1300MHz all the time which isn't correct for sure.
Also the igpu vid gets reported as being 0.370 to 0.402V when in idle, it get's reported as 0 V with all previous drivers in idle.
Seems to be the same joke as amd and nvidia had recently when their stuff didn't get reported anymore because of some driver changes, they both fixed it with a newer driver.
If intel says the core temps where 0° C on rocket-lake, where they correct then also ? They fixed that with a microcode update i recall.
So no , Intel is not some flawless god, i don't care what they say or claim. If you can't fix it then they must.

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Have you tried the latest HWiNFO Beta version? That adds a new (3rd) method to read actual GPU clock.

mnemonic

Same results with the latest beta 4.27-4830. Is there something i should set manually for this new method to read the clock or is it enabled by default?