Latest update, stops responding and cannot kill from task manager...

Malakie

One of my systems that just updated to the latest release, now has an issue where I cannot run other software when I click their icon.. With troubleshooting, turns out it is hwinfo itself that is the cause. BUT I cannot kill the task even in taskmanager for hwinfo at all. It's not responding but it also will not die.

This is on a system that has been just fine. It was this very latest update that caused this. That system spec is: i7-3770s, 32gb ram, SSD, Windows 10 Pro, GTX 1080 and 1920x1080 res. All drivers current and up to date, nothing else was done to the machine as all it does is run and process video.

If more info is needed, let me know.

I will need to see the HWiNFO Debug File of the problem as per:

Same issue. HWinfo shows up in taskmanager but will not respond/open and can not be killed. Hence I can not create any kind of report or debug info file.

If you run HWiNFO in Debug Mode, then after freezing, reboot the system and grab the DBG file it created.

Just for information. Do not update the OS for about 6 months, today updated the OS. HWINFO32 7.20 stopped launching. I put the DEBUG flag in HWiNFO32.INI and it started. Disabled DEBUG and it started to run normally.

Back