Logging Sensor data while computer is asleep

IronCrown

Hello all,
I'm looking to create a log overnight, as I've had my computer crash overnight a few times recently. I suspect it is overheating, but I can't confirm, as it is asleep and the windows logs don't measure CPU temp anywhere that I know of. I saw that the log paused when I told my computer to go to sleep- is there anything that can force it to continue?\
Thank you.

When the computer is sleeping no applications are running and the operating system is suspended so it's not possible to monitor the state by any application.
It's quite unlikely that the computer would overheat in the sleeping state, it could rather be a crash during resume.

When the computer is sleeping no applications are running and the operating system is suspended so it's not possible to monitor the state by any application.
It's quite unlikely that the computer would overheat in the sleeping state, it could rather be a crash during resume.
The event log says that the crash is during the night, i.e. 3am. It has me baffled, but that's what the signs point to. Thanks for the response! I'll see what else I can find.

That sounds like the system wakes to check for Windows updates. You can run HWiNFO in Sensors mode in the background (and start the logging within it) before putting the system to sleep. That way, HWiNFO should continue to log once the system wakes. But I also have my doubts that it's due to overheating. If it was, it would also occur during normal use, especially when running an all-core workload. Have you tried that by running something like CineBench or Prime95?

Regards
Dalai

Back