Maximus X Hero (Wifi) - T2 temp reading?

mrpetrov

Hi there

I was wondering what the T2 temperature reading is here? All the other motherboard readings (excluding CPU-related) are static, but T2 seems to rise during stress testing. I would guess it's the VRM, but I don't know that for sure and would really like to know. Many thanks!

PrPelJU.png

I'm not sure about that value. VRM temperature should be showing under a separate ASUS EC sensor if available. Not all MAXIMUS IX/X models can measure VRM temperature.

Martin said:
I'm not sure about that value. VRM temperature should be showing under a separate ASUS EC sensor if available. Not all MAXIMUS IX/X models can measure VRM temperature.

Thanks Martin - I'm not sure what it is either. I think it's a real value, as the reading starts to rise as I run stress tests on the CPU. I've asked over on the Asus ROG Maximus forums too.

Martin said:
Another idea might be the CPU socket temperature.

Interesting idea - HWInfo already reports separate "CPU" and "CPU (PECI)" temps under the motherboard category, but you may be right (although it's quite a low temp - T2 might hit 55C while the CPU is at 90+C under stress tests.

Are you sure its not vrm temperature, even with ec sensor disabled? Im not sure how cpu socket temp responds with respect to cpu temp but I just ran a 6 minute realbench test and noticed
the Temp2 arose very slowly from 25c to 31c over that 6 minutes while my cpu temp maxxed out at 52c. Would a cpu cpu socket temp respond to a difference in temperature during a benchmark that slowly?

Note: Im using the Maximus 9 Formula and also I am Watercooling my Motherboard/VRM with the integrated motherboard waterblock*

REALBENCH T2 TEMP.jpg

Are you sure its not vrm temperature, even with ec sensor disabled? Im not sure how cpu socket temp responds with respect to cpu temp but I just ran a 6 minute realbench test and noticed
the Temp2 arose very slowly from 25c to 31c over that 6 minutes while my cpu temp maxxed out at 52c. Would a cpu cpu socket temp respond to a difference in temperature during a benchmark that slowly?

Note: Im using the Maximus 9 Formula and also I am Watercooling my Motherboard/VRM with the integrated motherboard waterblock*

View attachment 4676

VRM temperature is usually under the EC sensor on ASUS boards, as it's behind the EC and not available via the SIO.

Back