Minimize on Startup

toolworker

Thanks for this great program.  I'm using it for the Rainmeter plug-in.

I want it to start on boot, but not show anything on the screen.  I found this old post:

Martin said:
Yes - enable the "Minimize Main Window on Startup" option in Configure ;)

but couldn't find "Minimize Main Window on Startup" anywhere in Settings.  Finally I realized it's in the other Settings - the one that pops up when the program starts.

So on a clean install I ran HWInfo to that initial window, checked Sensors Only, then entered Settings, checked "Minimize Sensors on Startup" and unchecked "Show System Summary on Startup"  and "Show Welcome Screen and Progress."  That seems to work.

Maybe this info is already on the forum, but I couldn't find it.

Once "Show Welcome Screen and Progress" is unchecked, the initial window doesn't come up any more.  Is there any way to get back to that Settings menu (other than doing an install over the existing one)?  If not, maybe there should be?

When you're running HWiNFO in such mode, it will create an icon in tray. Right-clicking that icon will allow you to get to the Settings menu as well.

Martin said:
When you're running HWiNFO in such mode, it will create an icon in tray. Right-clicking that icon will allow you to get to the Settings menu as well.
Oh, right. Thanks. I was confused because there are two different Settings menus. Maybe call this one "Initialization" or some such, and put a button to it on the other Settings menu?

And thanks again for this application.

Back