Missing DIMM temp data

Thanks. I think I have the required information now, will provide a test build shortly.

Hi Martin,

Yesterday I upgraded my memory modules, from 4 Micron 2666v to 8 Micron 3200AA (manually running in 2933MHz).
When running the latest HWiNFO, I noticed the "Mode" in memory modules is empty. Seen from other summaries, "Mode" should tell how many memory channels (Octal channels here).
So is this a bug? Here is the summary:

3.png

And the new report file and debug file:

Attachments

• debuginfo3.zip
    553.3 KB · Views: 2
Hello there! This is my my first post here. I registered because I have the same issue of the Dimm Temps (actually whole Dimm Chapter) is missing. Also in other Apps like OCCT or so..
My system is attached with screen of HWinfo

1612254265612.png

1612254131614.png
1612254068837.png

Well, we have seen cases with DIMM modules claiming a temperature sensor is present, but it didn't appear visible (i.e. here).
Nor sure why, perhaps it was disabled by BIOS?
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data and I will check if I can see something there.

Thanks: (tried do it as you advise, but after opening the sensors windows I did it again, but the DBG file wasnt created anew, not even after renaming it to "_old"

Attachments

• DESKTOP-3DMOESC.HTM
    623.6 KB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64_old.DBG
    248 bytes · Views: 1
I'm sorry but the attached Debug File is almost empty.
You need to start HWiNFO, open sensors, then close it completely before trying to grab the DBG file.

I'm sorry but the attached Debug File is almost empty.
You need to start HWiNFO, open sensors, then close it completely before trying to grab the DBG file.

Alright sorry, that should work:

Attachments

• DESKTOP-3DMOESC.HTM
    258.4 KB · Views: 0
  • HWiNFO64.DBG.7z
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm sorry, but I don't recognize are visible DIMM thermal sensor there. Not sure if something disabled it or what happened.
You might try to verify with some other tool like AIDA64 if that will see it.

Yes it seems not to be a software problem, other Tools wont show it neither.. but what could it be then? Checked again, others with same ram (exact same) can read the temps

1612267968953.png

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I don't know for sure. Try to check in the BIOS where there isn't some option that could be disabling this.

Back