Missing S.M.A.R.T. Info

Hi,

I just installed a new drive in my system, however HWINFO is not detecting/reading the SMART info from the drive. I have used HDD Guardian and DiskChecker by PassMark, both of which are able to read the SMART data so it seems to be an issue ith HWiNFO. I have attached the debug logs.

Thanks

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    257.4 KB · Views: 5
In the dump I can see that the Hitachi HDS721010DLE630 drive was recognized and SMART information should be available as well.
Can you please tell me more precisely where's the problem?

Martin said:
In the dump I can see that the Hitachi HDS721010DLE630 drive was recognized and SMART information should be available as well.
Can you please tell me more precisely where's the problem?

Correct the Hitachi was, but not the Seagate. And that is the one I just added to my system.

Are the SATA drivers on latest version too?
There seems to be a bug in them which causes them to report the 1st drive instead of the secondary one.

Martin said:
Are the SATA drivers on latest version too?
There seems to be a bug in them which causes them to report the 1st drive instead of the secondary one.

Yes they are. In two other programs I tried the SMART info is accurately reported for each drive.

I'm sorry, I don't have a solution for this yet :(
Could you maybe try to attach the drive to a different SATA port if that makes any change?

cyphrmedic said:
Martin said:
I'm sorry, I don't have a solution for this yet :(
Could you maybe try to attach the drive to a different SATA port if that makes any change?

Tried that just now, no go... :(

I was tinkering with this earlier and if I revert my SATA/AHCI Driver from the AMD provided driver to the Default Win 8 Driver by Microsoft then I get info for my second drive, however the system will hang for a good minute while scanning the IDE/SCSI section. But if I am on the latest AMD Driver there is no hang but I lose the info for the 2nd drive....

Indeed, the default Windows 8 drivers are known to cause such issues. I have seen serious problems with other GPU and storage drivers too.
Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for your problem yet. I hope the vendor will recognize this bug and fix it...

Back