Missing some info?

Stilez

I am working on stability of an Asus X79 Deluxe, and I'm missing a few things. The problem might be with my awareness and observation, so help would be appreciated :D

My main problem is DRAM voltage info. The board tracks DRAM AB and CD, and probably tracks DRAM temperatures too, but I can't find which sensor this is, or how to add it if hidden. That's my main problem.

HWiNFO is also showing temps of 90+ C on the motherboard, but no components feel that hot to the touch (although most have heatsinks). Without a hint, I can't figure what component or location is registering these temps.

The general problem I'm having is that different manufacturers (or HW forum threads) might refer to a given sensors by different names, making it hard to know which sensor is which. Is there a list of "common alternative names used" for some of these sensors, or what they commonly measure? HWiNFO's giving me a lot of sensor entries but I am pretty sure it's not showing all the key sensors I get via Asus Suite (I'd LOVE to ditch Asus Suite for sensor tracking if HWiNFO could show them!) and often it's not clear which data is which sensor. I can match "VCCIN" as Asus' VCORE, beyond that I'm stumped on this motherboard. VCCSA? VDDR A/B? VDDR C/D? VID?

Any help on these much appreciated! Thanks!

I'm always trying to make HWiNFO sensor values in sync with the particular mainboard BIOS or vendor tools.
Based on your description it looks like HWiNFO is missing adjustments for your mainboard model. However without further details, I can't fix that.
Please attach the HWiNFO Report File and Debug File including sensor data, so I can check this in detail.

Report + Debug attached.

Also a composite screenshot of Asus' monitoring program so you can see the (many!) sensors available and perhaps match some of the sensors you find in the report, to these.

Attachments

• Report and debug.zip
    215.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Asus sensors.zip
    945.6 KB · Views: 3
Most of the values you see in the ASUS screen are just settings - values which are set, but cannot be really monitored back for actual values.
Only the values at the bottom (Vcore, +12V, etc.) can really be monitored and these should be reported by HWiNFO as well.

Thanks! And thank you for fast reply.

I don't know the details of the application itself. Most of the values the app shows, are "real" bios values not just application based, because they do correctly show the current value that's in the bios when the program starts - you can then also modify some values while running. So if the VCCSA or PLL voltage is changed in the bios, the changed value will display in the Asus app. So it's clearly got some ability to read *some* kind of bios or sensed data fr them. What I do not know is, does this mean an item can be read arbitrarily via a sensor, or is it reading the variable values entered in the BIOS (from BIOS variables) but not the "live" sensor value?

I look forward to finding which items have sensors, hopefully DDR voltage values and VCCSA are some of them!!

Only few of those items (at the bottom) can be read thru a sensor. The rest are just settings displayed, most probably the same way as the BIOS does. Implementation of those items is very specific, in some cases it might be just the command values for a particular setting stored in a NVRAM, in other cases they might be read back from some chip on the mainboard. But they are not measured via a sensor. So even if you set say CPU PLL to 1.8V, it displays it as 1.8V, but the real value might be (slightly) different.

Martin said:
Only few of those items (at the bottom) can be read thru a sensor. The rest are just settings displayed, most probably the same way as the BIOS does. Implementation of those items is very specific, in some cases it might be just the command values for a particular setting stored in a NVRAM, in other cases they might be read back from some chip on the mainboard. But they are not measured via a sensor. So even if you set say CPU PLL to 1.8V, it displays it as 1.8V, but the real value might be (slightly) different.
Thanks Martin, that makes good sense! I look forward to finding out what sensors could be discovered and used!!

Back