MSI 4090 Suprim X (NVVDD) Output Power reading?

mickey_padge

Sorry for this if it is in the wrong place, but fellow MSI 4090 users and GPU/HWINFO experts, I need your help please! What does hwinfo show for your cards "GPU Core (NVVDD) Output Power" reading under heavy load? Is it a higher reading than it should be? My "GPU power" max reading could be 400W and the second to last "GPU Core (NVVDD) Output Power" reading could be max 500W?! I have the Suprim X on air....

I have seen "(NVVDD) Output Power" go over 500W max reading before, and as it is way higher than anything else, it doesn't seem right? Could be a card issue I have? Or a general BIOS issue maybe? Really hoping other owners can load up their cards and see what the readings on them are please. Not just MSI either, but general 4090 cards....

As you can see the average reading is seemingly normal, so the max reading must be a spike of some kind, but I don't really understand what it means. This image was taken with a slight overclock and 108% power, running Heaven Benchmark 4.0 on ultra, at 4K resolution, 4x AA and normal tessellation. Performance BIOS (not silent) I will test the silent BIOS option soon....

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
This is hard to comment as monitoring of individual power rails is an unofficial (internal) feature which NVIDIA won't comment nor provide support for.

This is hard to comment as monitoring of individual power rails is an unofficial (internal) feature which NVIDIA won't comment nor provide support for.
Thanks for the reply. I see, lots of folks reporting very high readings over on reddit, seemingly more than may be actually pulled from the wall socket. Just concerned users I guess not wanting to melt anything! :D

Back