MSI GAMING APP causing HWINFO to freeze Corsairlink OSD

Acp11

Hi There,

I recently switched to an x99 msi gaming pro carbon motherboard and iam noticing that when the msi gaming app is running in the background its causing my OSD in games to freeze the corsair link h110i gt and hx850i psu information.  When I open corsair link I see the values still working but for some reason when I open hwinfo the value are frozen.  

Before when i had my z77 system I would run Corsair link, Nzxt Cam, Hwinfo at startup and everything worked fine but for some reason once i upgraded and I threw msi gaming app in the mix it seems to freeze the OSD .  

Any way to fix this? does  HWINFO and Msi Gaming App not work properly together? I would like to run the msi gaming app at startup to control my motherboard LED's.

Thanks

Generally it's not recommended to use multiple sensor monitoring applications in parallel. Despite our attempts to make them work properly together, sometime conflicts can happen.
Is only the Corsair-related information frozen and others do update properly ?
Is it frozen completely once MSI Gaming App is started, or only occasionally ? What happens if you close MSI Gaming App, will the values start to update ?
It would also be helpful if you could attach the HWiNFO Debug File capturing starting of HWiNFO and then after a few seconds start the MSI Gaming App.

Yes so far its been just my corsair Hydro cooler and PSU that have stopped reporting on my OSD when the msi gaming app was running but it doesnt happen right away, it would work temporarily while in a game but the OSD line for just my corsair link information would freeze.  Here are the debug files. Thanks

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Ah, so it happens only temporarily.. I suppose those Debug Files you attached are not capturing the freeze too as I cannot see anything wrong there. Can you please create such Debug File when it freezes and then post here?

I got the file while I was gaming on bf1 but its 153mb....how do I upload the file as it seems too big?  It did freeze while i was gaming 20 min in and I also noticed that once I ran HWinfo my lights on my motherboard started to change to a different colour so there is definitely a conflict between the programs.

If you compress the file using a tool like 7-Zip, RAR or ZIP, it should become small enough to attach it here. Alternatively you can upload it to some public storage space or send it via e-mail to me.

Hi There,

Here you go..I have attached the file.

Thanks!

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.7z
    624.7 KB · Views: 1
Thanks. I have analyzed the data, but cannot see anything wrong there..
Can you please try the latest HWiNFO Beta version to see how that works? There were some optimizations to Corsair handling in that version.
If that won't help, you might try to enable the "Profiling Time" column in sensors and when the hang happens check what numbers you see there for the Corsair sensors.

well corsair link worked properly when the msi gaming app isnt running but as soon as the msi gaming app is running thats when it conflicts with hwinfo/corsair link.  There is nothing showing that in the debug file?

I haven't found anything suspicious yet.. So is the MSI app blocking the Corsair Link Software too ?

it only seems to be blocking it on my OSD using HWinfo....It doesnt actually block it in corsair link as I checked that first.

Back