MSI Z370 GAMING M5 w Intel 8700K - HWinfo 64 (Ver 590) missing sensor data?

spc4529

Motherboard: MSI Z370 GAMING M5       CPU: Intel 8700K

I Recently upgraded HWInfo64 from version 5.88-3510 to 5.90-3550 and noticed one of the previous temperature sensors was missing from the 590 version.
This happened under the "MSI Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58) (Nuvoton NCT6795D)" section as follows:

HWInfo64 Ver 588:
[MSI Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58) (Nuvoton NCT6795D)]
System
CPU
Auxiliary
AUXTIN1
CPU (PECI)
CPU

HWInfo64 Ver 590:
[MSI Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58) (Nuvoton NCT6795D)]
System
          <---- Missing "CPU"
Auxiliary
AUXTIN1
CPU (PECI)
CPU

For this motherboard, the missing "CPU" sensor actually shows the VRM MOS temperature and was present in HWInfo64 versions prior to Ver 590.
Can this sensor be reinstated?

Thanks.

This was an intentional change per MSI request, apparently it didn't show the correct value.
Are you sure this is reflecting the VR MOS temperature?

Martin, Thanks for your quick reply.

I have no independent method to show that the missing "CPU" sensor shows the VRM MOS temp but in the previous HWInfo64 versions it indicated a value that matched the "MOS" temp shown in the BIOS's "Hardware Monitor" section.
Therefore, I just assumed it showed the VRM MOS temp.

OK, I will check with MSI and if it provides a valid value, I will bring it back in the next build.

MSI has confirmed that this is the MOS value. So I will bring it back as such in the next Beta build.

Those temperatures are usually pretty high, especially VRMs if they don't feature a sufficient cooling.
So my guess is that they don't want users to know this fact.

Back