MSI Z490 VRM Info

Yaqy123

Hi Martin,
I just saw that you "Added VRM monitoring on some MSI Z490 series mainboards" in the latest beta for hwinfo. Does this include the unify itx and atx boards.
Thankyou

This feature was not released yet. It seems to be working, but requires some fine tuning. I'm waiting for MSI for some additional details and test results, so it will take a bit more time.
Currently the following models should be supported:
MS-7C70 : MEG Z490 GODLIKE
MS-7C71 1.0 : MEG Z490 ACE
MS-7C71 2.0 : MEG Z490 UNIFY
MS-7C77 : MEG Z490I UNIFY

Thanks Martin, this is much appreciated.
Is there any chance i can try an unreleased beta build with the feature?

Hi Martin,
The new build seems to be working well and shows the relevant VRM info. I tried to attach a debug file but it is too large (5.5 mb). Is it possible to forward this file through email? If so what email can i contact you from.
Thankyou

Thanks, looks like the VRM sensors are properly detected and provide reliable data.
But still it requires some optimizations, so not release ready yet.

Last edited:
I'm on the MSI Z490i Unify, ran the debug as well (on 4284), hope it can be of some help. In general it seems to work great and lines up with what I've seen from VR VOUT/Die sense on other boards (Gigabyte, Asus). Let me know if you need it to be run for a certain duration or with a specific load etc.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64dbg.rar
    82.5 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the feedback! Build 4284 seems to work even better, so getting closer to release state :)

This feature has been rolled-out in Beta build 4285, intermediate test builds have been removed.

Hi Martin,

I'm running an MSI Z490 MAG Tomahawk and seem to be missing the VRM sensor output. Aida64 is capable of getting some voltage power information so I guess there is a sensor present? Anything I can do to help getting that output in HWiNFO?

Thanks!

Hi Martin,

I'm running an MSI Z490 MAG Tomahawk and seem to be missing the VRM sensor output. Aida64 is capable of getting some voltage power information so I guess there is a sensor present? Anything I can do to help getting that output in HWiNFO?

Thanks!

VRM monitoring on this model is currently not supported (the actual list is posted above). Let me check this with MSI first...

Sure thing, thank you! Let me know if I can help by providing debug logs etc.

Look like MSI doesn't want to support VRM monitoring on the Z490 Tomahawk. We might need to look at this deeper if it's possible. Can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data?

Thanks. Unfortunately it looks like the VRM on this model doesn't support monitoring.
The models which do so feature an Intersil PWM which support monitoring, but the TOMAHAWK is equipped with NCP which doesn't seem to support it.

Back