My 5700G

wawans1975

Hi Martin,
I just saw memory clock for IGP shows differently between HWinfo64 and GPUz, I think the correct one is on GPUz

Attachments

• Screenshot (1122).png
    Screenshot (1122).png
    909 KB · Views: 6
This is a problematic item as there are multiple interfaces providing different memory clock values. Some of them respect low power states, some not.
HWiNFO is currently providing sort of legacy reporting of IGPU memory clock to preserve backwards compatibility. I could easily update this to show correct values that would also change per actual load, which would most likely differ from all other tools but that might confuse some users. So the question is whether users want to see the truth :D
Does the currently shown IGPU memory clock ramp up under load?
Also, what clock is shown as the main memory clock?

Last edited:
Does the currently shown IGPU memory clock ramp up under load?
Also, what clock is shown as the main memory clock? This value is determined using the more advanced and accurate mechanism
static (see the graph in scrreenshot) while playing movie
see screenshot for memory clock.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1124).png
    Screenshot (1124).png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
The main memory clock in this case is static and doesn't respect idle/low-power states. On APUs this should change based on load so this isn't correct either.
The IGPU clock in HWiNFO is currently reported by the GPU driver and this should be reflecting power states. If it doesn't, the problem is in the GPU driver.
I'm considering switching to the more accurate method on some APUs.

The main memory clock in this case is static and doesn't respect idle/low-power states. On APUs this should change based on load so this isn't correct either.
The IGPU clock in HWiNFO is currently reported by the GPU driver and this should be reflecting power states. If it doesn't, the problem is in the GPU driver.
I'm considering switching to the more accurate method on some APUs.
i turned on prefer AMD ADL while HWinfo64 running and gpu memory clock ramped up to 2100, so yes currently reported by GPU driver.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1125).png
    Screenshot (1125).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Ah yes, I forgot that option is disabled. That should be then reporting the correct memory clock.
Anyway, I will need to adjust HWiNFO to improve reporting of memory clock with that option disabled too.

Hi Martin,
I've seen CPU sensor by ITE chip glitching to 95c when Tdie hit 85c (dont know if that related), is that can be fixed?
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (1156).png
    Screenshot (1156).png
    529.3 KB · Views: 4
That's what's reported by the ITE SIO, if it's invalid then it's a problem of the chip/sensor.
If you want to make a custom filter, you can set the "Invalid if >" to something like 90 C and HWiNFO will treat such values as invalid.

Back