My thoughtS on this software

RE: My thoughts on this software...

If the problem happens during auto start only (not manually), then try to raise the "Delay task for" setting even more via Task Scheduler.

Hi Martin

I probably did not explain it well enough.

At startup everything loads (tray icons, interface), but CPU is 44 percent all the time and most sensors have zero values.

If I close it and start it again the CPU also shoots up to 44 percent, but the tray icons and interface never loads (become visible) so I kill it via TaskMan.

Kind Regards

Jayson

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File of the problem (hang). So enable Debug Mode, let it run for sufficient time, then kill via Task Manager and attach the produced DBG for analysis.

Hi Martin

Where would I find said produced DBG?

Kind Regards

Jayson

EDIT: Found it!

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    130.8 KB · Views: 2

It seems to me that you killed it too soon, while it was still running well. Note that running in Debug Mode is significantly slower.
Can you try to wait a bit more before killing HWiNFO and attach a new Debug File?

Hi Martin

Here is about a minute's worth. If it takes as long as that to start there is something wrong anyways. HDD was 100% all the time. CPU was 40% most of the time.

After that I started it without the log an ho-and-behold it started immediately (tray icons and all). Unfortunately the CPU is at 40% all the time with Explorer in a close second at 30%. Explorer settled down when I closed HWiNFO. I disabled all the Tray and OSD settings and still it is the same, but this time Task Manager was spinning up with it.

Kind Regards

Jayson

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    566.4 KB · Views: 2

Not sure whether a minute was enough because as I already mentioned running in Debug Mode is significantly slower, sometimes it might take a few minutes to finish.
Assuming it was enough, the problem might be in the additional VRM sensors, so it might be good to disable them. You can do this by going into main settings, then "SMBus / I2C" and in the last row (7x) check all boxes from x0 to x7, so addresses 70-77 are all checked (excluded).

Hi Martin

Thanks for your efforts in trying to resolving this issue, but unfortunately I have run out of time to spend on this. My new project has arrived and the deadlines are very strict. I am going to have to at least for now uninstall HWiNFO.

Kind Regards

Jayson

Hi Martin

I have not uninstalled HWiNFO yet, so I decided to test a theory. The screenshot shows some interesting results.

Kind Regards

Jayson

Attachments

• HWiNFOinteresting.jpg
    HWiNFOinteresting.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 6

Have you tried the previous suggestion with excluding SMBus addresses 70-77 ?

Hi Martin

Yes. See attached screen shot.

Kind Regards

Jayson

Attachments

• HWiNFOinteresting2.jpg
    HWiNFOinteresting2.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 2

That's really odd then. Please provide another HWiNFO Debug File, wait a few seconds when you get the sensors screen and then close it.
Do you know what are the ThermalConsole and GCloud processes ?

Hi Martin

ThermalConsole: Gigabyte System Information Viewer Application. I started it just before I took the screen shot to show you the problem. It usually only tops out at about 0.4% CPU usage. The moment I start HWiNFO most other applications pick up CPU usage.

GCloud: Gigabyte's attempt at a cloud service. I have since uninstalled it, because I have no need for it.

Also: I said that I installed Visual Studio and then this started. Well I forgot I also installed System Explorer that is advertised in the bottom right corner of your website, but this has since been removed to try to find the culprit.

HWiNFO DBG File: I let it run for another minute after it showed up in the system tray. Remember that all sensors are disabled.

Kind Regards

Jayson

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    855.1 KB · Views: 1

This could be a conflict between HWiNFO and those GIGABYTE tools. Does it happen also if those tools are not running ?
Also what Polling frequency do you use in HWiNFO for sensors, the default 2000 ms ?
Another thing I strongly suggest to check is the "Bus Clock-based" option under Safety/"CPU Clock Measurement". Make sure that option is enabled.

Hi Martin

Most of the Gigabyte tools have been uninstalled. The ThermalConsole never runs with HWiNFO. I told you I switched it on after the fact to show you something, Only MSI AfterBurner currently runs at the same time.

I use 500ms. I cannot imagine any longer duration making any sense. My pumps bring the CPU down so quickly that at 2000ms I will not even see how high it went. It was working fine at 500ms. I do not think it is the problem.

Bus Clock-based option is enabled.

Kind Regards

Jayson

EDIT: I had a friend of mine look at HWiNFO and he patched it. It runs smoothly now as you will see from the screen shot.

Attachments

• HWiNFOGood.jpg
    HWiNFOGood.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 6
Please check the new sensor context menu (right-click on sensor item) of v5.47-3115 Beta. Hope you will like it ;)

Back