Need Help Interpreting my Log File to Stop PC Resets

MAC2

As the title says need some help interpreting my log files...…(attached) - this was run today - PC ran a few hours (not under load) and then just reset after a couple of hours the second log shows a similar reset but this time playing a game in VR.....
Basically over the last few weeks had some problems with my PC just resetting into a black screen - this seems to be happening randomly either in game (monitor based or VR games) and also when the computer has been left idle - its random but often the PC will ramp up the fans then the power just seems to be cut and I get a black screen - reset the PC and it boots up again ok...……..

In the event log everytime it happens get a kernel power 41 critical error (but this really doesn't explain much) - when have googled the error says it can be the sign of PSU needing replaced.

So before I look to replace the PSU or Motherboard thought I would run some logs to see if this helps diagnosis.

Note back ground to the PC is that its running a i7 6700 and middle of last year upgraded the GPU to a 2080ti - this was running ok - then had some problems getting the PC to update to the latest version of WIn10 - however did a CMOS battery reset and eventually the machine did an auto update to the lastest ver of Win 10 - however since then have started getting these random resets ….

Tried all the normal firmware and BIOS updates, memory tests and GPU driver reinstall but still getting the resets with no problem components being identified (note when I get them the GPU is not always under load although usually the fans ramp up before power is cut).

Any help appreciated...… current thinking is to replace the PSU (although current one is 750w Corsair RM750) so should in theory be good enough to power everything...…?

Attachments

• HWInfo2nd.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • HWInfo2ndVR.rar
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If you're looking for ideas to check before replacing the PSU, you could make a dual boot PC with 2 copies of windows 10.

I was using it for dual booting windows 7 with 2 or 3 copies. Now I am backing up settings to start with windows 10 for first time. Got a new 1TB Samsung SSD in black friday deal, and I'm gonna bite the bullet soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking for ideas to check before replacing the PSU, you could make a dual boot PC with 2 copies of windows 10.

I was using it for dual booting windows 7 with 2 or 3 copies. Now I am backing up settings to start with windows 10 for first time. Got a new 1TB Samsung SSD in black friday deal, and I'm gonna bite the bullet soon.

thanks for the reply!

but how would a dual boot machine help me identify the component that is faulty and might be causing the reset?

Back